• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 1250 RT- Yellow up arrow next to gear indicator?

prostcj

Hi all,
Sorry for what is most likely a dumb question but I could not find the answer in the owner's manual or through a search. There are three yellow chevrons (looks like an up arrow) in place of the hill assist icon next to the gear indicator that lights up around 3K rpm in every gear but 6th. The assumption would be some sort of shift up indicator but it seems awfully early for something like that to come in. Any thoughts? Is this something new for 2019? Thanks.

That sounds like the upshift indicator. It arrived on the 2014RT (maybe the 2013 GS too). You can turn it off. I recall (when my 2015 was new) that it seemed to want me to shift to a higher gear around 2500 RPM.

I just read the 2019 R1250RT manual. I couldn't find a reference to any upshift indicator. A mystery...

Last edited:
Back