• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bentonville BMW closing

henzilla

not so retired
Staff member
Been off the grid and may have missed a posting about this

Just back from a three week wander in Appalachia and surrounds. Had notice the dealership formerly known as Bentonville BMW until recently is closing the doors. I stopped on way back towards TX to see Denise and pick up some parts I ordered a few weeks back to find an almost empty store.

A sad sight and another old friend shuttering the doors.

This leaves Arkansas without a dealer for who knows how long:banghead

Best wishes for everyone in future endeavors :wave

Yep, going to miss my local dealer, just a short 334 miles from my front door to theirs. :) Just teas'in. Another good dealer gone.:dunno

Oh, that is a big loss.... they were one of the “original” dealers, before all the “corporate showroom” crap.

Very nice people, very sorry to hear this.

They lost their BMW certified mechanic and was unable to replace him. No service, you can't sell bikes. They will be open for a few more weeks to wind things down. We will miss them. Great folks.

Just back from a three week wander in Appalachia and surrounds. Had notice the dealership formerly known as Bentonville BMW until recently is closing the doors. I stopped on way back towards TX to see Denise and pick up some parts I ordered a few weeks back to find an almost empty store.

I've known about this for a while, but just hated to post anything. Denise is my friend and one of the best parts people in the business. We are really sad this has happened to good folks.

I've known about this for a while, but just hated to post anything. Denise is my friend and one of the best parts people in the business. We are really sad this has happened to good folks.

Had same feelings, we have known Denise since her time at Lonestar in Austin (also closed).

Since the time was short for folks to say goodbye, decided to post something

Back in the Day- BMW of Austin and Denise

Some years back, I stopped into the Austin dealership. Looking around for something, a souvinear to buy. The dealership had a good selection of stuff. Above the sales counter on the wall was a cool T. After a cursory look around, yep that was the cool T.. Went thru the pile, plenty of XXXL, XXL, l, M, S, etc.; no XL. Went over to the counter and met Denise. Glad to meet you. I like the T on display, but no XL's. She gave me a look, walked over to thr T's and suffled thru them. Gave me a perflexed look. Looked up to the one on display. Went to the back and came back with a ladder and broom. Up the ladder and on the counter, with the broom in hand. She stretched up and flipped the T off the wall. She checked the tag; I could she with the look on her face it was'nt a XL. She came over to me. Pointed her finger at me and said. 'How many BMW T's, do U have'? I hung my head and answered 'I don't know, quite a few; well, really a lot.' She zeroed in on me. 'Well, U ain't going to miss this one.' Ouch. So funny. I wish Denise the best as well as all the other associates of the dealership.

They are having a "closing" party on October 12 with free food and drinks. Last chance to say bye and also get a super buy on any remaining inventory.

For many years Voni and I ( and other riders too ) would ride over to Bentonville from the Blitz to Branson each spring. We have for a long time considered Jerry and Bob and Denise as friends. That is where we bought Voni's F800S. I am sorry to see this closure. Lots of us will miss these folks and this shop.

They are having a "closing" party on October 12 with free food and drinks. Last chance to say bye and also get a super buy on any remaining inventory.

Wish it was the next weekend. We don't get down there until the 16th.
In a earlier thread it was mentioned the shop will close the end of September.
Will the shop close the 30th then open one day for the closing party?

Last news I heard Jerry was saying mid October. I don't think he had a firm date on closing the doors since he is still liquidating inventory and fixtures.

Last news I heard Jerry was saying mid October. I don't think he had a firm date on closing the doors since he is still liquidating inventory and fixtures.

Thanks.
When we're in Arkansas I'll give them a call to see if there's open.

Well that truly sucks. I just bought my first BMW and they are the closest dealer to me, I live near Springfield MO where surprisingly for the size of the town there is no dealer. I bought a replacement key from Bentonville and they were superb. I have only had the Beemer a month. Maybe I will stop by and say hi and bye. **** this is always the way my luck goes.

Thanks.
When we're in Arkansas I'll give them a call to see if there's open.

I was there Friday. Jerry still hasn't set a real 'last' day. Sounds like he will take it day by day after the party so he will likely be there.

Paul & I were at the customer appreciation day at Bentonville BMW this past Sat.. It was sad to us, and a bit depressing. Thanks to all the ladies who prepared the food, which was GREAT! Just about everything is gone with the exception of some T-shirts and a few odds & ends. I think they would just like for it to be over so they can all move on. Denise was soooo busy I barely had time to give her a hug & wish her the best. As usual, she was tied up with customers buying what was left over, whether they needed it or not...it was marked down so you must buy it. Denise pulled a lot of weight there. Just a sad day, and BMW better wake up & smell the coffee.:banghead

....BMW better wake up & smell the coffee.:banghead

Could somebody please fill in a newbie on what is going on with BMW? Is this closing of dealerships an on-going problem? Are there really that few of them left? Is a BMW motorcycle a chancy purchase given lack of dealer support?

I am new to the brand and shopping for my first. Reading between the lines on many other threads, I’m a bit concerned, but don’t have a good handle on the situation yet.

BMW has had about 150 dealerships for many years. They still do. The problem is the good small old ones die or are killed off and new ones open, often multi-line moto-sports stores. For example, Gina's in Iowa City, Iowa, which was a single brand BMW dealership was sold to Sun and Fun Motorsports, which represents 20 brands in virtually all aspects of motorsports including twelve motorcycle brands, ATVs, snowmobiles, and who knows what else. Something similar has happened in Austin, TX. And the Santa Fe dealership was sold to the Mini car dealership. Some of these dealerships change staff so often that you bring a bike for service and deal with one service manager and pick it up from the next new guy.

See for example: https://www.sunandfunmotorsports.com

Back