Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bentonville BMW closing

Bentonville BMW closing

Been off the grid and may have missed a posting about this

Just back from a three week wander in Appalachia and surrounds. Had notice the dealership formerly known as Bentonville BMW until recently is closing the doors. I stopped on way back towards TX to see Denise and pick up some parts I ordered a few weeks back to find an almost empty store.

A sad sight and another old friend shuttering the doors.

This leaves Arkansas without a dealer for who knows how long

Best wishes for everyone in future endeavors
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Yep, going to miss my local dealer, just a short 334 miles from my front door to theirs. Just teas'in. Another good dealer gone.

Oh, that is a big loss.... they were one of the “original” dealers, before all the “corporate showroom” crap.

Very nice people, very sorry to hear this.

They lost their BMW certified mechanic and was unable to replace him. No service, you can't sell bikes. They will be open for a few more weeks to wind things down. We will miss them. Great folks.
    Neal - '16 R1200GS / '81 R65

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    It’s a tough time to be in retail.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

Just back from a three week wander in Appalachia and surrounds. Had notice the dealership formerly known as Bentonville BMW until recently is closing the doors. I stopped on way back towards TX to see Denise and pick up some parts I ordered a few weeks back to find an almost empty store.

I've known about this for a while, but just hated to post anything. Denise is my friend and one of the best parts people in the business. We are really sad this has happened to good folks.
    Gail Thorne
    2017 F700GS

Quote Originally Posted by shortythorne View Post
    I've known about this for a while, but just hated to post anything. Denise is my friend and one of the best parts people in the business. We are really sad this has happened to good folks.
    Had same feelings, we have known Denise since her time at Lonestar in Austin (also closed).

Since the time was short for folks to say goodbye, decided to post something
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Back in the Day- BMW of Austin and Denise

Some years back, I stopped into the Austin dealership. Looking around for something, a souvinear to buy. The dealership had a good selection of stuff. Above the sales counter on the wall was a cool T. After a cursory look around, yep that was the cool T.. Went thru the pile, plenty of XXXL, XXL, l, M, S, etc.; no XL. Went over to the counter and met Denise. Glad to meet you. I like the T on display, but no XL's. She gave me a look, walked over to thr T's and suffled thru them. Gave me a perflexed look. Looked up to the one on display. Went to the back and came back with a ladder and broom. Up the ladder and on the counter, with the broom in hand. She stretched up and flipped the T off the wall. She checked the tag; I could she with the look on her face it was'nt a XL. She came over to me. Pointed her finger at me and said. 'How many BMW T's, do U have'? I hung my head and answered 'I don't know, quite a few; well, really a lot.' She zeroed in on me. 'Well, U ain't going to miss this one.' Ouch. So funny. I wish Denise the best as well as all the other associates of the dealership.

They are having a "closing" party on October 12 with free food and drinks. Last chance to say bye and also get a super buy on any remaining inventory.

For many years Voni and I ( and other riders too ) would ride over to Bentonville from the Blitz to Branson each spring. We have for a long time considered Jerry and Bob and Denise as friends. That is where we bought Voni's F800S. I am sorry to see this closure. Lots of us will miss these folks and this shop.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by rguy View Post
    They are having a "closing" party on October 12 with free food and drinks. Last chance to say bye and also get a super buy on any remaining inventory.
    Wish it was the next weekend. We don't get down there until the 16th.
    In a earlier thread it was mentioned the shop will close the end of September.
    Will the shop close the 30th then open one day for the closing party?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Last news I heard Jerry was saying mid October. I don't think he had a firm date on closing the doors since he is still liquidating inventory and fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by rguy View Post
    Last news I heard Jerry was saying mid October. I don't think he had a firm date on closing the doors since he is still liquidating inventory and fixtures.
    Thanks.
    When we're in Arkansas I'll give them a call to see if there's open.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post

Well that truly sucks. I just bought my first BMW and they are the closest dealer to me, I live near Springfield MO where surprisingly for the size of the town there is no dealer. I bought a replacement key from Bentonville and they were superb. I have only had the Beemer a month. Maybe I will stop by and say hi and bye. **** this is always the way my luck goes.

Quote Originally Posted by usablue View Post
    Well that truly sucks. I just bought my first BMW and they are the closest dealer to me, I live near Springfield MO.
    Engles in Kansas City is a good dealer and the one we use most of the time.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878