• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone know how to get something large shipped?

ARMYMUTT

I'm looking at trying to get a lift table shipped to me. It is used, so it's not on a pallet. Normally, I'd drive up and get it, but I'm not allowed to drive until my foot is healed. It's about 500 miles away from me and weighs 700lbs. What sort of company should I look for? Are their freight companies that will pack and palletize cargo for shipping?

Call Old Dominion, Yellow Freight, or any of the umpteen hundred of the LTL freight carriers. It would be fantastic if it is on a pallet, strapped down, or disassembled into a manageable bundle...….500 miles ought to come in less than $100...…...Good luck....

You might try one of the moving companies. They handle one-off items. Van shows up at the point of origin and the lift table will be padded and loaded into the moving van. These type of moves work on space available, truck available, so you might have a wait for it to be picked up and shipped.

Back