Thread: Snowbirds

Snowbirds

Retired, finally, and spending January to April in central Florida in the Haines City, Poinciana area. Any groups around the area that do group rides and activities? Used to have a Gold Wing and there are loads of Snowbird Wingers. Hopefully the same is true of Beemers.

Snowbirds

Based on the underwhelming response I'll have to ride with my Gold Wing friends. Sure not much activity on this Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    Based on the underwhelming response I'll have to ride with my Gold Wing friends. Sure not much activity on this Forum.
    You will find a few over time. Truth is most BMW riders may want to meet up for breakfast or lunch but don't like "group rides."
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    You will find a few over time. Truth is most BMW riders may want to meet up for breakfast or lunch but don't like "group rides."
    Seems like it.

Quote Originally Posted by mojoman View Post
    You may have more response in the Regional South section of the forum.
    Your locations sound like the best of seasons.
    Enjoy
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Lightbulb You'll be surrounded by great Charter Clubs and riding opportunities....

It took me about 3 minutes to jog into the Clubs section of our website... and locate four near you that have weekly and monthly rides.

You would be welcome, as a snowbird... to attend most all functions as a visitor. And consider the MOA Anonymous Book, a great resource!

Attend the NE FL. Winter Rally in January, and simply experience how many of us take in the Florida winter as out of area MOA and/or other Club members.

Pleasant Riding my friend;

'travel'n" John

Snowbirds

Thanks you. I'll check this out. The rally in January sounds like fun.