Thread: Flashers as position lights

Flashers as position lights

On many of my previous,non-BMW bikes, the front flashers were acting as position lights (I.E remained consistently on while riding).
    I've made a few searches and found no information on how or even if it's possible on my bike (2005 R1200RT).

Anyone ever came across a way to enable this?
    TIA!

Check out Kisan Signal Minder website. I'm not sure if their products have that capability or not.

Quote Originally Posted by alvtrex View Post
    On many of my previous,non-BMW bikes, the front flashers were acting as position lights (I.E remained consistently on while riding).
    I've made a few searches and found no information on how or even if it's possible on my bike (2005 R1200RT).

Anyone ever came across a way to enable this?
    TIA!
    You just need a two filament bulb and socket that would fit in the twist lock mount. I would look at a K1200LT tail light socket. You might find a match at a good auto parts store or a you-pull-it salvage yard. That type bulb may have a bayonet or push in base. The challenge may be finding a socket that firs you turn signal housing.
    Chuck Swenson
    MOA # 9162
    2010 R1200RT, 2003 F650cs (BMW #12 & 13)

Combine Turn Signal/Position Lights

weisertechnik.com sells LED inserts fitting the regular BMW turn signals. Combined white/yellow (driving light/turn signal) and red/yellow (brake light/turn signal), CANBUS approved etc.
    Extra wiring will be needed to feed the added functionality of driving light or brake light.
    Heinrich

Quote Originally Posted by MotorradR9T View Post
    weisertechnik.com sells LED inserts fitting the regular BMW turn signals. Combined white/yellow (driving light/turn signal) and red/yellow (brake light/turn signal), CANBUS approved etc.
    Extra wiring will be needed to feed the added functionality of driving light or brake light.
    Heinrich
    Thanks, I'll look into this!

Edit: Although they offer a module exactly for my request, they don't seem to offer anything for the RT; only LEDs for flashers on external housings (while the RT has blinkers integrated in the fairing).
    No big deal... I was taking a chance!