• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sad news

gsaddict

Pepperfool
Last Sunday we lost a great member.
Most of you know him as Happy Wanderer.
His name is Michael McPeak
A prince of a man, always ready to help someone out. A damn fine mechanic as well.
He was a very dear friend of mine, we rode many miles together.
I will miss him terribly.

Below is the announcement from our club President (Bee Cee Beemers)

It is with a heavy heart and deep sadness that I must inform all Bee Cee Beemers that we have lost one of our own.

Michael McPeak, a lifetime member, past President and past Rally Chair passed on Sunday, September 15th, 2019. Michael was traveling to an event on his GS and had an accident near Wawanesa, MB. He was transported to hospital in Winnipeg but remained in a coma. He succumbed to his injuries on Sunday.

Our prayers and condolences are with Bernie and family during this very difficult time. Further information regarding services and funeral arrangements will be communicated once details are known.

Attachments

• DSC03331_resize.JPG
    DSC03331_resize.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
Last Sunday we lost a great member.
Most of you know him as Happy Wanderer.
His name is Michael McPeak
A prince of a man, always ready to help someone out. A damn fine mechanic as well.
He was a very dear friend of mine, we rode many miles together.
I will miss him terribly.

Below is the announcement from our club President (Bee Cee Beemers)

It is with a heavy heart and deep sadness that I must inform all Bee Cee Beemers that we hav
e lost one of our own.

Michael McPeak, a lifetime member, past President and past Rally Chair passed on Sunday, September 15th, 2019. Michael was traveling to an event on his GS and had an accident near Wawanesa, MB. He was transported to hospital in Winnipeg but remained in a coma. He succumbed to his injuries on Sunday.

Our prayers and condolences are with Bernie and family during this very difficult time. Further information regarding services and funeral arrangements will be communicated once details are known.

I was very sad to first hear of Michael’s accident and then his passing. So sorry for your loss as well as the loss to his family and others in the BC BMW community... one could only hope he would pull through... His presence, wit and input, both mechanical and not so mechanical will be missed by many!
Alastair

Darn It
Hate reading these posts.
Someone is going to ask, it my as well be me..
What happened?
RIP Happy Wanderer.

Met him in Nakusp. Nice guy and sad that he was lost so suddenly. Makes his loss particularly hard on his family and friends.

What was his screen name here on the forum?

A shocking loss for his family & the BMW community. Rest in Peace Michael.

My wife and I agree that he left us while doing what he really loved. I finally got to meet him at the BC Beemers rally in Nakusp just a month ago which he had in the past chaired for 6 years. He was a true gentleman. I shall miss his cogent posts on this and other forums as "Happy Wanderer" and I have learned much from him.

Russ

Losing a friend is sad. Losing a riding buddy is even harder. Over the past few years I've lost two due to cancer. I would rather die in a motorcycle accident. I did not know Michael, but all riders are connected one way or another. May he rest in peace.

Wayne

Losing a friend is sad. Losing a riding buddy is even harder. Over the past few years I've lost two due to cancer. I would rather die in a motorcycle accident. I did not know Michael, but all riders are connected one way or another. May he rest in peace.

Wayne

I could not agree more. I'm on round 4 with cancer, started at 17, I'm 62 now.
I hope to be on my bike at checkout time.

Back