• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sad news

gsaddict

Pepperfool
Last Sunday we lost a great member.
Most of you know him as Happy Wanderer.
His name is Michael McPeak
A prince of a man, always ready to help someone out. A damn fine mechanic as well.
He was a very dear friend of mine, we rode many miles together.
I will miss him terribly.

Below is the announcement from our club President (Bee Cee Beemers)

It is with a heavy heart and deep sadness that I must inform all Bee Cee Beemers that we have lost one of our own.

Michael McPeak, a lifetime member, past President and past Rally Chair passed on Sunday, September 15th, 2019. Michael was traveling to an event on his GS and had an accident near Wawanesa, MB. He was transported to hospital in Winnipeg but remained in a coma. He succumbed to his injuries on Sunday.

Our prayers and condolences are with Bernie and family during this very difficult time. Further information regarding services and funeral arrangements will be communicated once details are known.

Attachments

• DSC03331_resize.JPG
    DSC03331_resize.JPG
    194.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Michael always made everyone feel at home at the BeeCee Beemers Rallies. He was definitely one of a kind. In recent years he struggled with health issues but seemed at the top of his game this year, everywhere, but especially in the field events!

He will be missed terribly.

Voni

IMG_5229.jpg

Dang, sorry to hear... We exchanged a few PMs and I always got a good feeling about the guy. We'll miss him. :cry

Michael was a friend to everyone and the "Go To" guy if you had an airhead - or anything else, for that matter.

His full-time smile will be missed and this forum will be poorer for his loss.

Sad to hear this. Prayers and good thoughts to his family and friends. In my very brief time on these forums I benefited greatly from his wisdom and advice.

I’m saddened to hear such terrible...terrible news. Mike was one of the first few people who I initially communicated with when I was a new MOA member and began posting about my newly acquired R1150RT. He was a helpful, kind and supportive person. We have all lost a great friend and member of our online community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m saddened to hear such terrible...terrible news. Mike was one of the first few people who I initially communicated with when I was a new MOA member and began posting about my newly acquired R1150RT. He was a helpful, kind and supportive person. We have all lost a great friend and member of our online community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Likewise for me. He offered a lot to the forum and asked only a little. He was good hearted and never critical. We will miss the Happy Wanderer a lot ...

Sad news indeed, we've lost a great guy.

His input and regular postings will definitely be missed by me as well as many here for sure.

RIP Wanderer

Back