Thread: Sensaphonics IEM, NOT!

Sensaphonics IEM, NOT!

About 18 months ago I decided to go against my frugal instincts buying the Sensaphonics 2X-S IEM for $750. I listened to all the raving reports wrt durability, sound quality, comfort, etc. Well, that was a waste of money. After 18 months the right monitor went bad. I sent them back. Was told the right IEM was contaminated with ear oil (BTW, that's bull$hit). I told Claudia it wasn't oil, it's a short, all you have to do is shake it back and forth, etc. Either way, she said it doesn't matter, it'll still cost me ANOTHER $300 to get it fixed, not... I gave her my credit card information so she could bill me $18.00 for the return shipment; seems they only use FEDEX and what cost me $5.00 USPS to send will cost me $18.00 to get back. I'll ceremoniously burn them next week. I'll go back to using Etymotic ER-4P with custom ear molds. The Etymotic don't have the sound quality of the Sensaphonics, but, they are quieter and more comfortable. At $300 the ER4 are repairable. The Sensaphonics only have a one year guarantee and only certain parts are repairable, e.g. cables can not be replaced.

I'm posting this for the benefit of others that are considering spending your money on Sensaphonics; don't be like Duane...

Duane

Here's a link to the K1600forum.com thread addressing issues with Sensaphonics:

https://www.k1600forum.com/forum/bmw...s-iem-not.html
    NoVA
    '12 K1600GT

No earbud (IMHO) is worth $750 (or even $300). Thanks for posting to warn others. Good luck moving forward from this bad experience.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

My wife is still running her Big Ear buds she got in 2006, she rides about 7500 miles a year and wears them all the time. I switched over to Fit Ear, just because the guy that was with fit Ear went out on his own. They are the same as far as I can tell and hold up well. I accidentally smashed one pair from Fit Ear, so I am on my second set. But I got about 12 years off my first set, a couple years before I wrecked them and now just a few months into the third set. I would buy them again, but, yes, they are about $650 for the M2.
    fit-ear.com
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    All the “in your ear” devices are costly.......along with the repairs/adjustments.

Hearing aid prices can range from $1,500 to $3,500 per unit but, according the President's Council for Science & Technology, the average price is $2,300 per unit. Double that if you need one for each ear!Feb 13, 2019

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Registered User RIDERR1150GSADV's Avatar
    For that kind of money they should have at least a 2 year warranty and certainly have better customer service.. Thanks for the heads-up!
    MOA # 108516
    Current ride 2018 R1200 GSA Triple Black
    Past rides '04 R1150RT, '05 K1200LT, '06 R1150GSA, ‘17 R1200RT