• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TFT / Modular Helmet / Comms

milesaway

I will shortly be getting an R1250RS! I also need a new helmet, was planning on a system 7 with integrated BMW communication module. Discovered today that my head shape doesn’t fit in the System 7! Fallback was Neotec 2. However Neotec 2 is designed for Sena SLR comms. As I understand it, With the SLR I can connect to the TFT and everything will work except volume control from the wonder wheel. Otherwise I can get the BMW universal comms unit and stick it to the side of my new helmet - because of the shape of the Neotec it will be pretty far back/awkward to use. Basically I don’t like either option. Thoughts?

I can't speak to the RT crowd, but the majority of K1600 riders I know by-pass the bike's comm system. Instead they use either Cardo or Sena bluetooth headsets paired with phone/NAV and SR10/SM10 for other bluetooth devices.

Duane

When I purchased my 2015 R1200RT, the dealer gave me 25% off any accessories, so I bought two Schuberth C3 Pro helmets (me and my wife) and BMW Communication Systems for each helmet. The intercom system has worked well, but I've always been really disappointed with the music fidelity through the system. This is because it's only a 2.0 Bluetooth generation vs. the standard now being 4.0. If the new system hasn't been updated, I would avoid it.

I have a Cardo JBL system in the Arai I use for off road riding. IMHO, it is far superior to the BMW system (4.0 Bluetooth) and if I were purchasing a new system for my RT, I would definitely go with the Cardo and avoid the built in RT radio system.

I have the Shoei Neotec with the Sena s20 linked up to the TFT and Nav 6 and it works great... as long as it is all paired correctly.. I found this on YouTube works perfect in this order...
de6ce8d3d5b7753ba1579dca33ed9966.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back