Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Check Twice for Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    Well, at least there is a fine in some states. Arizona just signed a "no texting while driving" law, but it is not even going to be enforced until 1/1/2021! WTH?

I say, $1000 for the first offense, double that for the next one, and license suspension and vehicle impoundment if there is a 3rd. I am just sick of this crap!

Most recently I am seeing kids riding their bicycles with no hands on the handlebars so they can text with both hands...
    I like that idea. 1 grand. People remember that kind of hurt.

Registered User Blacque Jacque Shellacque's Avatar
    In Ontario

First offence: 3 days suspension and $1,000 fine
    Second offence: 7 days suspension and $2,000 fine
    Three or more offences: 30 days suspension, $3,000 fine and six demerit points

As far as I can see, it makes little difference in peoples behavior. I still see plenty of drivers texting. Texting has become a part of our culture. It's unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacque Jacque Shellacque View Post
    In Ontario

As far as I can see, it makes little difference in peoples behavior. I still see plenty of drivers texting. Texting has become a part of our culture. It's unstoppable.
    Even vehicular manslaughter convictions and wrongful death lawsuits don't stop it.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I'll shorten a long story.......

Not long ago, I saw a guy on a motorcycle try to answer a cell phone , while riding. It didn't go well, he did OK I suppose, but his dropped phone was no match for that utility truck..............
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

That is one finality fix!

Quote Originally Posted by 71243 View Post
    I'll shorten a long story.......

Not long ago, I saw a guy on a motorcycle try to answer a cell phone , while riding. It didn't go well, he did OK I suppose, but his dropped phone was no match for that utility truck..............
    Sometimes things do turnout well.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by azgman View Post
    Well, at least there is a fine in some states. Arizona just signed a "no texting while driving" law, but it is not even going to be enforced until 1/1/2021! WTH?

I say, $1000 for the first offense, double that for the next one, and license suspension and vehicle impoundment if there is a 3rd. I am just sick of this crap!

Most recently I am seeing kids riding their bicycles with no hands on the handlebars so they can text with both hands...
    Now here in Arvada CO on this lovely paved bicycle path which we ride on very frequently we NEVER see the offending material anywhere for all 15 miles of it. I think the posted penalty plays a role in this!

IMG_0720.jpg

Saw a rider recently, who I guess thought he was doing his part for motorcycle awareness or perhaps just imaged himself as being clever. He was riding a V-Twin (The brand doesn't matter) with straight pipes and passing cars on a two lane road, over the double yellow line. His T-Shirt had a motorcycle awareness slogan on the back, "Watch For Motorcycles, A$$H&%#".

Not very helpful in promoting motorcycles safety, or creating a positive image, huh. Yeah, he made me aware of him, but not in a positive manner.
    No Matter Where I went, There I was...

Quote Originally Posted by r184 View Post
    Saw a rider recently, who I guess thought he was doing his part for motorcycle awareness or perhaps just imaged himself as being clever. He was riding a V-Twin (The brand doesn't matter) with straight pipes and passing cars on a two lane road, over the double yellow line. His T-Shirt had a motorcycle awareness slogan on the back, "Watch For Motorcycles, A$$H&%#".

Not very helpful in promoting motorcycles safety, or creating a positive image, huh. Yeah, he made me aware of him, but not in a positive manner.

The other shirt may have been dirty, so he had to wear that one. You know the slogan......"if you can read this......"

Ah yes, classic motorcyle humor. Indeed.
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

Quote Originally Posted by r184 View Post
    or creating a positive image,
    I can say I would have been positively motivated to tell him to "F---Off with his noise maker"
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by nickrides View Post
    We as Riders have to remember to " Check Twice for Automobiles"
    This, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacque Jacque Shellacque View Post
    In Ontario

That is surprising. Is there much enforcement of the law and punishments outlined?
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511