• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

cyclops led headlights

spydermann

I ran across these doing a search on the web, and was wondering if anyone has tried these?
They offer a kit for $200,

I ran across these doing a search on the web, and was wondering if anyone has tried these?

have them in my 13RT....GREAT lights, highly recommend....but (there is always a but)...i recommend removing the headlight assy to install....way easier than trying to get the bulbs and ballasts in the headlight....:thumb

Great lights, but space depends on what you’re putting them in and you don’t have the bike listed. They work on RT’s, but not on R’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Save yourself $155 and install these (they are packaged in sets of two). You're welcome.

I, and many others, have installed units like this and they work perfectly. No CANBUS issues, no radio interference, no bulky ballasts, and I don't get flashed by every oncoming driver I encounter. I had a set of Cyclops and a set of ADVMonster H7s and neither of them had a beam pattern I could live with (almost nothing cast to the right side).

I do agree that removing the headlight housing is recommended. It's not that God-awful hard if you follow the steps (which I don't have a link to unfortunately but someone here does I'm sure).

Save yourself $155 and install these (they are packaged in sets of two). You're welcome.

I, and many others, have installed units like this and they work perfectly. No CANBUS issues, no radio interference, no bulky ballasts, and I don't get flashed by every oncoming driver I encounter. I had a set of Cyclops and a set of ADVMonster H7s and neither of them had a beam pattern I could live with (almost nothing cast to the right side).

I do agree that removing the headlight housing is recommended. It's not that God-awful hard if you follow the steps (which I don't have a link to unfortunately but someone here does I'm sure).

Hey Pappy.Did you have to fiddle with rotating the bulb in order for it to give you a good pattern? I have a 2018 R1200RS... Thanks!

Hey Pappy.Did you have to fiddle with rotating the bulb in order for it to give you a good pattern? I have a 2018 R1200RS... Thanks!

Nope. I just put them in just like a regular bulb. The light pattern is not the same as a halogen but it's good enough. I rode it about 100 miles last weekend in the dark (for no particular reason, riding at night is something I hardly ever do) and I can SEE yet these are not as glaring as their big-$$$ counterparts. I never got flashed once.

Put a pair in my '13 R1200 GSA, I liked them but the low beam bulb died this summer after three years. I'm told the low beams don't seem to last long in this bike...

Fwiw

Do what the others recommend and remove the headlight assembly. I tried for 3 days to change the High beam and the 2 low beams with the unit on the bike. Literally ripped my hands apart and when I finally got the 3 bulbs in, it was a good thing that the idiot who designed the access to those bulbs was not near me or I would have Sh#t Kicked him to Kansas and back. Trust me, and don't make the same mistake I did. While I don't have experience with the Cyclops light, I have heard good things about the product.

Best,

3hawks

Back