Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: cyclops led headlights

  1. #1

    cyclops led headlights

    I ran across these doing a search on the web, and was wondering if anyone has tried these?
    They offer a kit for $200,

  2. #2
    i should be out riding! wyman.winn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Solvang, CA
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by spydermann View Post
    I ran across these doing a search on the web, and was wondering if anyone has tried these?
    They offer a kit for $200,
    have them in my 13RT....GREAT lights, highly recommend....but (there is always a but)...i recommend removing the headlight assy to install....way easier than trying to get the bulbs and ballasts in the headlight....
    ~wyman~


    2013 BMW R1200RT - Sassy - Fluid Grey Metallic

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by spydermann View Post
    I ran across these doing a search on the web, and was wondering if anyone has tried these?
    They offer a kit for $200,
    I have them installed on my 10RT. Installed by removing the entire headlight assembly.

    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    2010 R1200RT
    Sargent Low Heated Driver Seat
    2007 Burgman 400 - Sold
    Now DFW, TX, used to live - Vancouver, BC

  4. #4
    Great lights, but space depends on what youíre putting them in and you donít have the bike listed. They work on RTís, but not on Rís.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Brian Hinton
    2007 R1200R
    2007 K1200GT
    2016 R1200GS

  5. #5
    Registered User pappy35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Collierville, TN
    Posts
    465
    Save yourself $155 and install these (they are packaged in sets of two). You're welcome.

    I, and many others, have installed units like this and they work perfectly. No CANBUS issues, no radio interference, no bulky ballasts, and I don't get flashed by every oncoming driver I encounter. I had a set of Cyclops and a set of ADVMonster H7s and neither of them had a beam pattern I could live with (almost nothing cast to the right side).

    I do agree that removing the headlight housing is recommended. It's not that God-awful hard if you follow the steps (which I don't have a link to unfortunately but someone here does I'm sure).
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pappy35 View Post
    Save yourself $155 and install these (they are packaged in sets of two). You're welcome.

    I, and many others, have installed units like this and they work perfectly. No CANBUS issues, no radio interference, no bulky ballasts, and I don't get flashed by every oncoming driver I encounter. I had a set of Cyclops and a set of ADVMonster H7s and neither of them had a beam pattern I could live with (almost nothing cast to the right side).

    I do agree that removing the headlight housing is recommended. It's not that God-awful hard if you follow the steps (which I don't have a link to unfortunately but someone here does I'm sure).

    Hey Pappy.Did you have to fiddle with rotating the bulb in order for it to give you a good pattern? I have a 2018 R1200RS... Thanks!

  7. #7
    Registered User pappy35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Collierville, TN
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by rintini10@gmail.com View Post
    Hey Pappy.Did you have to fiddle with rotating the bulb in order for it to give you a good pattern? I have a 2018 R1200RS... Thanks!
    Nope. I just put them in just like a regular bulb. The light pattern is not the same as a halogen but it's good enough. I rode it about 100 miles last weekend in the dark (for no particular reason, riding at night is something I hardly ever do) and I can SEE yet these are not as glaring as their big-$$$ counterparts. I never got flashed once.
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by spydermann View Post
    I ran across these doing a search on the web, and was wondering if anyone has tried these?
    They offer a kit for $200,
    Put a pair in my '13 R1200 GSA, I liked them but the low beam bulb died this summer after three years. I'm told the low beams don't seem to last long in this bike...

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Scranton, Pa.
    Posts
    389

    Fwiw

    Do what the others recommend and remove the headlight assembly. I tried for 3 days to change the High beam and the 2 low beams with the unit on the bike. Literally ripped my hands apart and when I finally got the 3 bulbs in, it was a good thing that the idiot who designed the access to those bulbs was not near me or I would have Sh#t Kicked him to Kansas and back. Trust me, and don't make the same mistake I did. While I don't have experience with the Cyclops light, I have heard good things about the product.

    Best,

    3hawks

Similar Threads

  1. Cyclops turn signals
    By danielberndt in forum Gear
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-13-2019, 03:56 PM
  2. Cyclops LED Replacement Kit
    By ExGMan in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 06:28 AM
  3. Cyclops Install for a '05 R1200RT
    By rtnhueys in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-15-2019, 05:25 PM
  4. Cyclops H7 Installation 09 RT
    By will3hawks in forum Hexheads/Camheads
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-10-2017, 01:56 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-16-2016, 04:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •