• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

09 R1200RT (K26) - Error Code: A303 Brake light

wlmiller54

New Friends,
I purchased an 09 BMW R1200 RT (K26), and it is throwing a Fault Code (A303). I found the Fault code using MotoScan, and checked http://bmwfault.codes/ for more details. It is all very generic information. Does anyone have additional wisdom that could help me resolve this error?

Trouble Code: A303
Error Rate: 1
Battery Voltage: 11.92 Volt
No Signal or Value: 04
Test Condition Met: 10
Error Present and already stored: 23
Error Caused Warning Lamp to Illuminate: 31

I do have the BMW Motorrad Service manual, but I did not find anything related to diagnosing the error.

Thank you

Welcome to the forum! I haven't seen a listing from Motoscan of these codes, but the fault code look up you mentioned indicates it's associated with the brake light. Beyond that, I don't think I can help much. Maybe dig into the brake light and make sure it works and/or check the bulb grounds.

Hopefully someone else who has experienced this will drop by for some other ideas.

Battery voltage seems low. Some hold the brake lever on while starting? Age of battery?
Welcome to the forum!
Let us know how you make out.
Gary

A good “next morning” reading would be 12.7v or so. If the battery voltage drops past 10v while cranking, it has an effect and can lead to odd codes. These bikes ask a lot of the small(ish) batteries.
OM

Back