Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Paris to Install Noise Tracking Cameras

Scqtt, I do agree with you to some degree. While riding my BMW or my Yamaha R1 around a group of Harley riders I never have been threatened or called names, but while on my Harley and running into a group of BMW I attempted to visit with I was treated poorly and got rude comments about my Harley and actually felt theatened. This has never happened the other way around while on my other motorcycles, some good natured ribbing, a little B.S. but I never felt threatened or like I was invading someone's space.

I ran in to a large group of Hells Angels at a gas station a few years ago and stood and visited with a few of them, polite and friendly. No mention of their club affiliation other than a few vests and everyone wearing red somewhere. My wife was with me and it went right by her who they were. After we left I mentioned to my wife something about all the HA's and she asked, " where, I never saw them!"

Guys shouldn't be so quick to condemn other brands. I know of a few guys that ride Harleys exclusively, earn well into six figures a year, some might be over a mil a year income, but they love getting ready for Sturgis, right down to the scruffy hair a beards and tattoos. All of them are professional people, ride a lot, but you would never guess that the guy sitting behind the huge mahogany desk is a greasy biker in the evening and weekends.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    ... but they love getting ready for Sturgis, right down to the scruffy hair a beards and tattoos.
    The world's largest costume party.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by 98lee View Post
    So cool! Thanks for sharing!
    Bob Stewart
    Salem, OR

2018 RT

I don't care what you ride. If you wish to risk brain damage, that annoys me, but I'm not going to get too excited. Yes, I know I'll be paying the bill, if the accident happens, because the wife/girl-friend/kid or mother isn't going to pull the plug and your living will, assuming it was created, is never going to be found.

But, when someone intentionally chooses to degrade my environment with their noise that's an act of aggression and hostility. From the same perspective that we would not tolerate someone urinating in our water well or burning trash next to our homes, it's incredible that a sub-group of the motoring public demands acceptance of their boorish behavior. It's not an expression of individuality or freedom, its a demonstration of being ill-mannered.
    Last edited by 36654; 09-13-2019 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Missing words and bad grammar
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post

Is not an expression of individuality or freedom, its a demonstration of being ill-mannered.
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black?
    So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Is not an expression of individuality or freedom, its a demonstration of being ill-mannered while screaming “get offa my lawn”

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by scqtt View Post
    Really the "Sturgis Warriors" tow their bikes to a park on trailers? Do you actually believe what you are writing? Do you expect us to? Some of us know better. The disdain the MOA collective feels for the HD crowd is disgusting. You somehow believe you hold yourself to be a higher level, more enlightened motorcyclist, but then resort to 3rd grade style name calling.

How about this....I was at the nerdy, old f*ck convention in TN this year -feel good?

Every time I visit this forum or the FB page I am reminded why I have quit this 5hit show numerous times.

Makes me embarrassed to be associated with YOU people.
    I camped twice in Yellowstone during the Sturgis rally and I expressed what I saw on both occasions. Numerous trailers with HDs sitting beside them, groups of bikes, with many running straight pipes, riders wearing shorts, wife beater shirts and cruising at 10 MPH under the speed limit. They ruined the Yellowstone experience for others; those are the facts.

“Sturgis Warriors” is, I believe, an apt description of the riders I’ve seen in Sturgis or passing through my home area on their way to and from the rally. They may be wealthy and accomplished people, but when it comes to motorcycles they are dilettantes.

In my original post I never mentioned a particular brand of bike, but since you assumed I was describing HDs you must realize that the riders of that brand are most likely to behave in such a boorish fashion. I’m glad we agree on something... or does my description of these riders hit too close to home? Maybe you should be embarrassed if you embrace the behavior I described.
    Last edited by akbeemer; 09-13-2019 at 03:26 AM.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I guess you haven't watched many Oakland Raider games Paul.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by jandhumphreyme View Post
    Pot calling the kettle black?
    It was very carefully explained in a letter from a BMW rider in letters to the editor of a Harley type magazine. So I quote, "We are all alike. But you guys dress like pirates and we dress like Armadillos." That deserves a and a but not a because it is so true.

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    I camped twice in Yellowstone during the Sturgis rally and I expressed what I saw on both occasions. Numerous trailers with HDs sitting beside them, groups of bikes, with many running straight pipes, riders wearing shorts, wife beater shirts and cruising at 10 MPH under the speed limit. They ruined the Yellowstone experience for others; those are the facts.

“Sturgis Warriors” is, I believe, an apt description of the riders I’ve seen in Sturgis or passing through my home area on their way to and from the rally. They may be wealthy and accomplished people, but when it comes to motorcycles they are dilettantes.

In my original post I never mentioned a particular brand of bike, but since you assumed I was describing HDs you must realize that the riders of that brand are most likely to behave in such a boorish fashion. I’m glad we agree on something... or does my description of these riders hit too close to home? Maybe you should be embarrassed if you embrace the behavior I described.
    We live 28 miles north of Big Bend National Park. We have a long horseshoe type driveway that parallels the highway. Every year we get several groups of bikers who unload their bikes from trailers in our driveway and as their spouses, significant others or whatever drive away with the trailers they motor on to the park.

Many others leave their trailers in Alpine. They make their 1st rest stop 25 miles south of Alpine in a rest area. Their second stop is sometimes our driveway 28 miles further south. Then they can proceed to the park about 28 miles to the south of our house. Smoking has a lot to do with this schedule.

I have also camped at Saint Mary to the east of Glacier. I have personally seen a dozen or so bikes unloaded from trailers to go ride Glacier, and then return to trailer heaven. This is not a diss. Just a factual report of observing precisely what Kevin wrote about. If it hurts, sorry.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 09-14-2019 at 06:17 PM.

So how bout them Parisian noise tracking Cameras???
    Armadillos 1
    Pirates. 4

Next year’s buccaneers rally I’m trailering through Paris

TravelsWithBarley.com

But, when someone intentionally chooses to degrade my environment with their noise that's an act of aggression and hostility. From the same perspective that we would not tolerate someone urinating in our water well or burning trash next to our homes, it's incredible that a sub-group of the motoring public demands acceptance of their boorish behavior. It's not an expression of individuality or freedom, its a demonstration of being ill-mannered.
    Sort of like second-hand smoke.
    '18 R1200GSA for solo rides
    '12 R1200GSA with Hannigan sidecar for rides with Glenlivet
    '15 Honda CRF250L for exploring places I'm afraid to take the big GSA!
    http://travelswithbarley.com/

It was an orchestra bassist that first enlightened me to riding with earplugs. Apparently, protecting your hearing during your youth extends your musical career.
    All the earplugs, all the time!
    Signature

Quote Originally Posted by chrisinsc View Post
    All the earplugs, all the time!
    The Bassist called ear plugs ...... "Go Fasters"
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks