• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Need comfortable top case back rest for wife

jbrazeal

Hey everyone, this is my 1st post. I searched the site prior to this post and didn’t see what I am looking for.

I’m riding a 2009 R1200gsa. My top case has the rubber pads but my wife wants something more comfortable. Have any of you found something better? Or made something that worked? Pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

My wife has tried several options and found them wanting as they concentrate the pressure on a small area. Then she discovered the joys of a riding jacket with a spine pad which had the effect of spreading the pressure over her entire back. Now she's happy.

Pete

Welcome to the site.
This was discussed awhile back and I don't think anyone knew of a good replacement pad.
The best suggestion was to visit a auto upholstery shop to see if they can modify the existing back rest.
Pete's idea is also a good one.

My wife has tried several options and found them wanting as they concentrate the pressure on a small area. Then she discovered the joys of a riding jacket with a spine pad which had the effect of spreading the pressure over her entire back. Now she's happy.

Pete

Good idea, I see what padding her jacket has and look into upgrading. Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.
This was discussed awhile back and I don't think anyone knew of a good replacement pad.
The best suggestion was to visit a auto upholstery shop to see if they can modify the existing back rest.
Pete's idea is also a good one.

I figured it has been talked about but I couldn’t find the posts. I thought about taking a Givi back rest and conforming it work with the BMW top case. I’m sure it’s been done, but I think I like your idea better. Thanks

Back