• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW MOA Official Insurance Partner

cwilhelm

Ok. So not sure this is the right forum for this. Not sure why we (BMW MOA) chose American MODERN. Not sure what non-expiring replacement cost coverage is. But I know American MODERN doesn't have it.

I called to get a quote today. And my 2017 BMW R 1200 RT does not qualify for replacement cost coverage.

Anyway, yet another insurance carrier that won't get my business. Think I'll stay with my Progressive policy.

American Modern Insurance

Howdy,
By now I'm sure most of us have received the come on from American Modern Ins. I get enough junk mail, spam and robo calls that I'm not happy about paying the MOA to send me more! This is not the first time that MOA junk mail has shown up in my mail box. Current stance of the MOA is it was an "announcement" of their new partner. So that begs for more questions, did the MOA sell or give away my personal information? What does everyone else think? In this day and age of personal information getting into the wrong hands I don't need my motorcycle club adding to the problem.
Later,
Norm

Unless things have drastically changed the BMW MOA did not give your info to anybody. The vendor partner provided the materials and the BMW MOA did the mailing. The vendor (insurance in this case) will get your info when you send it to them, if you find their product to your liking.

Paul is correct. The information and material for the mailing was provided to our mail house and we controlled the process on behalf of American Modern. Your name and address are provided to our contracted printers and mailers along with our standard non disclosure that the information cannot be used by anyone else. Same process as mailing the magazine each month.

It’s an opportunity for members and a service of your membership. If you’re not shopping for insurance, toss it in the recycling bin and keep riding. If you are in the market for a quote, it’s a phone call or email to get more information. The choice is always yours.

So

Thanks for the feed back about controlling MOA's mailing list. But it does beg one more question. Did the MOA receive any compensation from American Modern for providing that one time access to it's mailing list?
Later,
Norm

Thanks for the feed back about controlling MOA's mailing list. But it does beg one more question. Did the MOA receive any compensation from American Modern for providing that one time access to it's mailing list?
Later,
Norm

Yes and no. We didn’t receive any compensation now in favor of building a member program with a better discount involved. Over time, we hope to prove the value of MOA members and be able to charge American Modern for advertising the program in the magazine, website or other mailings.

It is a chicken and the egg type of game. We know members need to see lower rates to be attracted. The insurance company need to see policies sold to classify the market as viable. Often, we have to come to the table first to get this kind of program in place. If it has value to members, we will see advertising dollars from the partner later on. If it doesn’t have value, the program goes away and we weren’t going to earn anything anyway. Hopefully it works in our favor and if it does, that likely means it is a good program for members as well.

Ted

Have any MOA members started a new policy with American Modern? If yes, please post your experiences with them. Or, are there any members who already had a policy with them prior to the MOA announcement?

Just curious how they got the attention of the MOA.

It appears their parent company is a German company: Munich Re (seems appropriate for us BMW owners)
US office Amelia, Ohio (near Cincinnati).

Have any MOA members started a new policy with American Modern?
Hey K75S, I have! Insured the KTM 690. I will see how this goes for a while before cutting over the GSA. The GSA is still insured by Markel.

Just moved over from Markel....

Saved over 100bux on the annual premium for my '04 Roadster for the same coverages.
Never have had a claim, so we'll see how it goes...

And now I have added my 2014 BMW R1200 GSA. I did not want to leave Markel, they really came through with a claim I had in 2013. But American Modern's rates for adding a 2nd bike convinced me to add my other bike.

I hope people will post their experiences with American Modern, especially claims.

My coverage on two BMW's (vintage and new) are up for renewal with Progressive. Progressive shows up at may motorcycle shows and participates in the moto market. They also have easy self service web tools. I've not had a claim yet so I can't speak to how they respond. I'm always nervous about the vintage bike being covered for what it would really take to replace / repair her.

So I'm looking to the MOA for who is a good provider, partner. I see the above thread, but it gives little confidence in how good the company is or will be. Maybe lower rates...

Does anyone have any GREAT experiences with other Insurance companies and their motorcycles that I should be comparing?

Back