Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: 2015 RT - Right Side Glove Box

  1. #1

    2015 RT - Right Side Glove Box

    I am looking for a right side glove box for my 2105 RT that came with the Standard Package. The bike does not have a radio and it came with a glove box only on the left side. Can a glove box be fitted to the right side and if so who would sell this part? The dealer says it can't be fitted but the other question that I asked them I found the answer in this forum so I want to double check. Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Registered User kevinsclo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    82

    2015 RT - Right Side Glove Box

    Iím pretty sure that they are sized and shaped differently. You should check the parts microfiche to confirm.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Thanks. Iíll check it out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    998
    EBay or Beemer boneyard would be my first choice, once you have the part # start your search

    Jim

  5. #5
    Registered User skibumwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    270
    SO, can I remove my left speaker and fill the void with a glove box insert??

    Ski

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by hwerner View Post
    I am looking for a right side glove box for my 2105 RT that came with the Standard Package. The bike does not have a radio and it came with a glove box only on the left side. Can a glove box be fitted to the right side and if so who would sell this part? The dealer says it can't be fitted but the other question that I asked them I found the answer in this forum so I want to double check. Thanks in advance.
    I ordered my '16 RT w/o the audio package and realized the right lockable cubby is fitted w/ a dummy placeholder. So I ordered the parts (right-sided stowage for audio equipped) from MaxBMW for about $240 and I put a charge cord for my iphone in it, so use it for that mainly, and to keep my Nat'l Park card in etc. It's really quite small, no way a 'glove box' per se, but it's better than nothing and can be keyed to your main key.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.32.10 PM.jpg

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    EBay or Beemer boneyard would be my first choice, once you have the part # start your search

    Jim
    Beemer boneyard is looking into it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpbmw1953 View Post
    I ordered my '16 RT w/o the audio package and realized the right lockable cubby is fitted w/ a dummy placeholder. So I ordered the parts (right-sided stowage for audio equipped) from MaxBMW for about $240 and I put a charge cord for my iphone in it, so use it for that mainly, and to keep my Nat'l Park card in etc. It's really quite small, no way a 'glove box' per se, but it's better than nothing and can be keyed to your main key.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.32.10 PM.jpg
    Yah thatís what I thought. I bought the bike from Max and the parts guy said it canít be done.

    Do you have the part number?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Registered User kevinsclo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    82
    I agree. The right side too small to be useful. At least I could use the left side to lock up the GPS unit.

    Quote Originally Posted by ncpbmw1953 View Post
    It's really quite small, no way a 'glove box' per se, but it's better than nothing and can be keyed to your main key.
    Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.32.10 PM.jpg



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bothell, WA - USA
    Posts
    35

    Parts Fiche

    Quote Originally Posted by hwerner View Post
    Yah that’s what I thought. I bought the bike from Max and the parts guy said it can’t be done.

    Do you have the part number?
    Hi friend. A lot of folks ask others for part numbers. The way they accomplish this is by going to any of the major BMW dealer's web sites and usually in a "parts" menu section there is a detailed parts "fiche" - well,... a list of parts, part numbers and prices with digital pictures like above, broken down by major component area (engine, transmission, body panels, electrical, yadda yadda) within a specific BMW model and model year.

    The one for A&S BMW can be found here below. It's worth your time to learn how to do this. You are asking the member who answered your major question to now give you all the part numbers or the grouped part numbers in that picture to build your glove box. You can do that.

    https://www.ascycles.com/Home/gclid/...kaApALEALw_wcB

    Give it a try, and good luck.
    Last edited by Rainman48; 09-10-2019 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Changed BMW Dealer

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman48 View Post
    Hi friend. A lot of folks ask others for part numbers. The way they accomplish this is by going to any of the major BMW dealer's web sites and usually in a "parts" menu section there is a detailed parts "fiche" - well,... a list of parts, part numbers and prices with digital pictures like above, broken down by major component area (engine, transmission, body panels, electrical, yadda yadda) within a specific BMW model and model year.

    The one for A&S BMW can be found here below. It's worth your time to learn how to do this. You are asking the member who answered your major question to now give you all the part numbers or the grouped part numbers in that picture to build your glove box. You can do that.

    https://www.ascycles.com/Home/gclid/...kaApALEALw_wcB

    Give it a try, and good luck.
    Thanks for the advise.

    Iím all too familiar with how to get part numbers. Just thought since 1953 had done the mod that Iím exploring Iíd ask in case he had them handy. Itís all good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    I am using the right side for the sub musing or some small things.
    Be careful as it is not fully sealed and water will accumulate under heavy rain when your bike is parked

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by wooanash View Post
    I am using the right side for the sub musing or some small things.
    Be careful as it is not fully sealed and water will accumulate under heavy rain when your bike is parked
    Thanks for the tip. Might not be worth the expense and the work.

    I think I read months ago that some sealed it, perhaps with silicone??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Arvada, CO
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by hwerner View Post
    Thanks for the tip. Might not be worth the expense and the work.

    I think I read months ago that some sealed it, perhaps with silicone??


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no sealing problem for me and I've been in torrential downpours for 30 minutes straight--you just need to order the correct parts, it's sealed and lockable. It has been worth the $240 for me for sure as I say my phone lives in it and stays charged.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpbmw1953 View Post
    There is no sealing problem for me and I've been in torrential downpours for 30 minutes straight--you just need to order the correct parts, it's sealed and lockable. It has been worth the $240 for me for sure as I say my phone lives in it and stays charged.
    Thanks for the intel. Iíve sorted out the parts and need to pull the trigger.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. 2015 GSA - Side Hard Cases
    By 105258 in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2019, 12:04 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-20-2016, 02:17 AM
  3. 2015 GS Low Suspension Side Stand and lean
    By TVarney in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2016, 03:54 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-02-2016, 08:20 PM
  5. 2015 RT 1200, side triangle panel breaks, help!
    By jambrose in forum Wetheads
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-10-2015, 10:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •