• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2015 RT - Right Side Glove Box

hwerner

I am looking for a right side glove box for my 2105 RT that came with the Standard Package. The bike does not have a radio and it came with a glove box only on the left side. Can a glove box be fitted to the right side and if so who would sell this part? The dealer says it can't be fitted but the other question that I asked them I found the answer in this forum so I want to double check. Thanks in advance.

I’m pretty sure that they are sized and shaped differently. You should check the parts microfiche to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBay or Beemer boneyard would be my first choice, once you have the part # start your search

Jim

I am looking for a right side glove box for my 2105 RT that came with the Standard Package. The bike does not have a radio and it came with a glove box only on the left side. Can a glove box be fitted to the right side and if so who would sell this part? The dealer says it can't be fitted but the other question that I asked them I found the answer in this forum so I want to double check. Thanks in advance.

I ordered my '16 RT w/o the audio package and realized the right lockable cubby is fitted w/ a dummy placeholder. So I ordered the parts (right-sided stowage for audio equipped) from MaxBMW for about $240 and I put a charge cord for my iphone in it, so use it for that mainly, and to keep my Nat'l Park card in etc. It's really quite small, no way a 'glove box' per se, but it's better than nothing and can be keyed to your main key.
Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 6.32.10 PM.jpg

I ordered my '16 RT w/o the audio package and realized the right lockable cubby is fitted w/ a dummy placeholder. So I ordered the parts (right-sided stowage for audio equipped) from MaxBMW for about $240 and I put a charge cord for my iphone in it, so use it for that mainly, and to keep my Nat'l Park card in etc. It's really quite small, no way a 'glove box' per se, but it's better than nothing and can be keyed to your main key.
View attachment 75556

Yah that’s what I thought. I bought the bike from Max and the parts guy said it can’t be done.

Do you have the part number?

Parts Fiche

Yah that’s what I thought. I bought the bike from Max and the parts guy said it can’t be done.

Do you have the part number?

Hi friend. A lot of folks ask others for part numbers. The way they accomplish this is by going to any of the major BMW dealer's web sites and usually in a "parts" menu section there is a detailed parts "fiche" - well,... a list of parts, part numbers and prices with digital pictures like above, broken down by major component area (engine, transmission, body panels, electrical, yadda yadda) within a specific BMW model and model year.

The one for A&S BMW can be found here below. It's worth your time to learn how to do this. You are asking the member who answered your major question to now give you all the part numbers or the grouped part numbers in that picture to build your glove box. You can do that.

https://www.ascycles.com/Home/gclid...yVoOPDSlWkZs6R3fgG7lp22uRHo7UXDkaApALEALw_wcB

Give it a try, and good luck.:wave

Last edited:
Hi friend. A lot of folks ask others for part numbers. The way they accomplish this is by going to any of the major BMW dealer's web sites and usually in a "parts" menu section there is a detailed parts "fiche" - well,... a list of parts, part numbers and prices with digital pictures like above, broken down by major component area (engine, transmission, body panels, electrical, yadda yadda) within a specific BMW model and model year.

The one for A&S BMW can be found here below. It's worth your time to learn how to do this. You are asking the member who answered your major question to now give you all the part numbers or the grouped part numbers in that picture to build your glove box. You can do that.

https://www.ascycles.com/Home/gclid...yVoOPDSlWkZs6R3fgG7lp22uRHo7UXDkaApALEALw_wcB

Give it a try, and good luck.:wave

Thanks for the advise.

I’m all too familiar with how to get part numbers. Just thought since 1953 had done the mod that I’m exploring I’d ask in case he had them handy. It’s all good.

I am using the right side for the sub musing or some small things.
Be careful as it is not fully sealed and water will accumulate under heavy rain when your bike is parked

I am using the right side for the sub musing or some small things.
Be careful as it is not fully sealed and water will accumulate under heavy rain when your bike is parked

Thanks for the tip. Might not be worth the expense and the work.

I think I read months ago that some sealed it, perhaps with silicone??

Thanks for the tip. Might not be worth the expense and the work.

I think I read months ago that some sealed it, perhaps with silicone??

There is no sealing problem for me and I've been in torrential downpours for 30 minutes straight--you just need to order the correct parts, it's sealed and lockable. It has been worth the $240 for me for sure as I say my phone lives in it and stays charged.

There is no sealing problem for me and I've been in torrential downpours for 30 minutes straight--you just need to order the correct parts, it's sealed and lockable. It has been worth the $240 for me for sure as I say my phone lives in it and stays charged.

Thanks for the intel. I’ve sorted out the parts and need to pull the trigger.

I have found the box minus one annoying part. See attached. Any idea of a magic source for the sleeve that the lock cylinder is meant to be in? I've checked Beemer Bone Yard and a few other places. Any ideas are appreciated. BMW doesn't sell the part separately

IMG_1879.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1880.jpg
    IMG_1880.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 46
Back