Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Considering a Bagger

Thanks for the input

Thanks for the replies
    I test rode a bagger last fall and was impressed.
    I thought about this model as a more comfortable cross country cycle
    for my wife and I. Right now I have a 03 1150GS.
    I retired recently and hope to get more riding in both solo and 2 up.
    Since this is a new model I was wondering if it had any issues that sometimes
    occur with new models.
    0% financing right now is making it very tempting
    Jim

It's a new(er) model, been out a few years now. Engine and drivetrain are the same as the GT/GTL which have been in production since 2012. The rest of the B stuff is cosmetic.
    If that style of bike is your thing and it felt good on a test ride, I wouldn't hesitate one bit to buy.
    Jon
    K1600GT & R1200GSA

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    Well, you asked why, we answered.

I have owned several motorcycles over the years. Some I liked better than others, never had one I didn't like.

Kinda like why there is blondes, brunettes and redheads, different preferences.
    Actually I didn't ask but that's ok. I have lived my whole life on the premise of differences mostly from being different myself. Like I said I'm fine with what anyone else is into, live and let live. But then again I'm getting old and crotchety and tend to be judgemental.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Actually I didn't ask but that's ok. I have lived my whole life on the premise of differences mostly from being different myself. Like I said I'm fine with what anyone else is into, live and let live. But then again I'm getting old and crotchety and tend to be judgemental.
    Response #3 in this thread, this isn't a quote from your post?

"Personally I hate them, why would they try to mimic a Harley?"

Seems like a question too me or is there another skibum69?
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

I'm an owner

Test rode a Grand America and a Bagger last Christmas. bought the Bagger that day. Currently 5600 miles. The only add I did was a Wunderlich rear rack and tank bag. No issues, will need tires soon. A pleasure to ride on day trips and great on an 1800 mile tour on the BRP. I was very surprised/impressed at how well a big, long heavy bike handled on the twisties on the BRP and side roads. More than quick enough for me, smoothest shifting bike I've ever had, good braking and very comfortable. The only negative comment I have is that it does not seem to have a good resale value which does not concern me, I normally hold on to a bike 3-4 years. Also have a R1250GSA which I really enjoy also. I'm a happy guy! Hope this helps you.
    Janda
    2014 GSA
    2011 R1200R [sold]

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    Personally I hate them, why would they try to mimic a Harley?
    Completely different engine, features, performance level. They aren't mimicking Harley. A bagger is a very general term.

Quote Originally Posted by janda View Post
    test rode a grand america and a bagger last christmas. Bought the bagger that day. Currently 5600 miles. The only add i did was a wunderlich rear rack and tank bag. No issues, will need tires soon. A pleasure to ride on day trips and great on an 1800 mile tour on the brp. I was very surprised/impressed at how well a big, long heavy bike handled on the twisties on the brp and side roads. More than quick enough for me, smoothest shifting bike i've ever had, good braking and very comfortable. The only negative comment i have is that it does not seem to have a good resale value which does not concern me, i normally hold on to a bike 3-4 years. Also have a r1250gsa which i really enjoy also. I'm a happy guy! Hope this helps you.
    gsa

My Buddy bought one about 6 months ago installed a Bren Tune and Remus exhaust he loves it.

He complained about the EURO 4 throttle response but the Bren tune fixed all that.

Its a good looking bike.