Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Considering a Bagger

Quote Originally Posted by frank2003 View Post
    Hello All,
    I currently have a '03 R1200C and am planning on trading it in for an '18 Bagger in January. Can anyone tell me more about the recall (forks?) as I cant find much online about it. Thanks.
    The bonus of having owned a R1200C is that ANY bike you get will look gorgeous comparably!
    Good luck in your search
    Jon
    K1600GT & R1200GSA
    BMW MOA #220293

Quote Originally Posted by jonnybow View Post
    The bonus of having owned a R1200C is that ANY bike you get will look gorgeous comparably!
    Good luck in your search
    I loved the looks of the R1200C. I couldn't handle the forward controls - the sitting position kills by back - but the appearance was just fine to me.

But we do need better terminology. I don't care what Harley calls stuff, a bagger is a high school kid in a local supermarket.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Never understood the animosity towards the R1200C. It may have been a little underpowered but it'll cruise on the highway at 75 all day. In my opinion it was a real beauty showcasing the boxer engine. With that said, I just traded mine in for an '18 Bagger.

Lunasea2

swapped my k1600gtl for new r1250gsa...

Quote Originally Posted by Lumi View Post
    I am thinking about purchasing a Bagger.
    I took one for a test ride last fall and liked it.
    Have there been any issues with this model?
    TIA
    I rode the k1600 for 20000. several long trips with 500mile days. all good and no complaints until one day near pikes peak, in the rain, there was some serious road repair. About 5 miles of gravel... damn that big old bike didn't like the gravel! then, one day, in the dealer for service, another old coot (like me) comes in with an airhead, takes one look at the k16 and says "too much sh#*" I hadn't ever used the radio and nav wasn't as good as google maps so kinda agreed. swapped the k16 for new r1250gsa. wow.. i took the new bike on two long trips last summer... 3 weeks up to alaska, and down through 3 Canadian provinces and 6 US states. about 6000 miles, including an 800 mile last day. I love the new bike. damn near as comfortable riding, better seat, far more nimble and opens up lotsa other options for roads to travel. It is almost as fast as the k16 and lighter too. stick with the adventure bikes and leave baggers to HD guys.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasea2 View Post
    I rode the k1600 for 20000. several long trips with 500mile days. all good and no complaints until one day near pikes peak, in the rain, there was some serious road repair. About 5 miles of gravel... damn that big old bike didn't like the gravel! then, one day, in the dealer for service, another old coot (like me) comes in with an airhead, takes one look at the k16 and says "too much sh#*" I hadn't ever used the radio and nav wasn't as good as google maps so kinda agreed. swapped the k16 for new r1250gsa. wow.. i took the new bike on two long trips last summer... 3 weeks up to alaska, and down through 3 Canadian provinces and 6 US states. about 6000 miles, including an 800 mile last day. I love the new bike. damn near as comfortable riding, better seat, far more nimble and opens up lotsa other options for roads to travel. It is almost as fast as the k16 and lighter too. stick with the adventure bikes and leave baggers to HD guys.
    Indeed, BMW makes many bikes for many kinds of Bikers!
    Test Ride them all, and stock your garage with all U can squeeze in there!
    It's just that simple.
    Ciao, HSV-Phil
    '75 R90S
    '14 K16GT