• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dunlop Roadsmart III short review

lstayner

I just polished of a Dunlop Roadsmart III tire. I got 13,900 miles out of it and still wasn't quite to the wear bars. Overall, I was quite satisfied with the way the tire performed. It had the same cupping issues that I had on the stock Michelin tire.

Continental had a $60 rebate on the Conti Road Attack 3 which brought it in line with the Dunlop so I bought a set of those to see how they will perform. Supposedly they will not cup due to the way the tire is made. They are a beefy tire for sure. I only have about 100 miles on them and they seem to be rock solid in the curves. No wet weather yet to see how they handle that.

Either way, I will not be going back to Michelin. I was a strong advocate when I road a cruiser. The commander II line set the bar high against it's competitors. Not so much in the sport touring line.

Stay tuned for more! :)

Thanks. How are they in the rain?

I was thinking of getting the Michelin RP 4GT or 5. But now you got me thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have any problems in the rain. One thing I do on any wet surface is try a hard acceleration from low speed to test the road surface for traction. I never felt any slippage in my testing. probably had 1,000 miles of riding in the rain over the life of the tire.

Continental had a $60 rebate on the Conti Road Attack 3 which brought it in line with the Dunlop so I bought a set of those to see how they will perform. Supposedly they will not cup due to the way the tire is made. They are a beefy tire for sure. I only have about 100 miles on them and they seem to be rock solid in the curves. No wet weather yet to see how they handle that.

They don't cup on my '16 RT and that is at stock psi, and they are perfect in every aspect on RTW for me. They were dandy in hard rain as well. I've used PR4GT, Z8, and Angel GT. No way they would do 14,000 miles for me, but they will go as long as the other tires I've used for me. I won't look for another tire after using the RA3GT, and yes they do come in a GT variant. If you ordered the non-GT version you may get less miles.

Back