• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Ride the Blue Ridge rally

hendrik

Anyone going to the Blue Ridge Rally from north Georgia? I understand that in all their wisdom they have spread gravel over lage parts of the BRP so I'm looking for alternative routes

Loose Gravel?

I’m headed to BRP October 13-18. Any firm data on where and if this loose gravel or the adhered gravel you usually see?

I just got back.

The gravel isn't that bad. It's really lite and small. The stretches are clearly marked and the speed limit is 35 in those areas. Yeah, it's kinda of a chip seal job, but not an overtly application. Traction control maybe engaged twice that I'm aware of.

Most of it is in NC from below Little Switzerland to Boone but it alternates, you won't be riding it the whole time in that area. Maybe experience a couple of 15 minute delays from the lanes being split so the crews could dry the sealer.

It isn't going to sour a trip up there.

Back