• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Locking rear brake 2015 K1300S

zoomie

I have a new to me K1300S Motorsport, and I have a problem.

Those gorgeous rear sets put my feet too high. I found and purchased a set of standard foot plates, pegs an a peg lowering kit. The left side has gone okay. The right side is causing grief. The actuator rod appears to be too long. We have shortened the rod at the Clovis and bled some brake fluid at the rear caliper allowing us to connect actuator to master cylinder. Success? Well, no. We started the bike, pressed the brake pedal and had a flashing red exclamation and the rear wheel locked. Not good. Turning the bike off releases the brake. What the heck is going on?

Shot in the dark here......Is there a micro switch which isn't being released or is sticking after removing pressure from the rear brake pedal?

I don’t know about a microswitch. It appears to be a mechanical issue. It seems the master cylinder actuator rod is too long forcing the pedal to pressurize the hydraulic brake circuit. :scratch
However, when we release the hydraulic pressure at the bleed valve, the pedal also drops down, but will not release again if depressed.

Last edited:
I was thinking that perhaps the electronic servo assist is activating but then for some reason not deactivating thereby keeping the rear brake on. :dunno

Its certainly a head scratcher especially since you've shortened the actuator rod.

I’m not sure what you mean by Whizzy Brakes, but I think you are referring to the servo ABS?
Anyway, I took the entire brake pedal assembly apart, and made measurements and comparisons. We then did some redneck machining with a Dremel and shortened the rod by another half inch. Viola! “Some say voila, but I like to say viola!” All issues were solved and I got my ride on my cruise Missile. :dance

Back