Thread: R1100R saddlebag question

R1100R saddlebag question

I recently bought a 1995 R1100R which has never had panniers. I am not inclined to purchase a new set of BMW hard bags (no used on the market) but I need some idea of where to find some soft bag offsets to keep the bags off of the muffler and from dangling into the right side. My google searches have proven to be frustrating as I am learning that this bike had a very small following and no aftermarket accessories designed for it. At least none currently listed for sale.

Does anyone know is GS parts for this vintage will fit?

Any guidance?

Quote Originally Posted by bob204bc View Post
    I recently bought a 1995 R1100R which has never had panniers. I am not inclined to purchase a new set of BMW hard bags (no used on the market) but I need some idea of where to find some soft bag offsets to keep the bags off of the muffler and from dangling into the right side. My google searches have proven to be frustrating as I am learning that this bike had a very small following and no aftermarket accessories designed for it. At least none currently listed for sale.

Any guidance?
    I believe that the R1100GS parts will fit since the rear subframe is the same. I do know that Jesse Luggage for an R1150GS fit my R1150R.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by bob204bc View Post

Any guidance?
    you actually can find used city cases on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I believe that the R1100GS parts will fit since the rear subframe is the same. I do know that Jesse Luggage for an R1150GS fit my R1150R.
    Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gnawit View Post
    you actually can find used city cases on Ebay.
    Iíve see city cases advertised but they are fairly shallow and the left side bag is already compromised by the muffler placement. Also, I donít have the upper attachment points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk