• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Horizons Unlimited Virginia 2020

stevebmw

Itinerant Traveler
If you love to travel, if you live to travel, if you just like talking about travel, check out the Horizons Unlimited Virginia Travellers Meeting April 23-26, 2020 at Appomattox, Virginia. Located at a 4-H camp in a state forest just minutes from historic Appomattox Court House, HU Virginia offers a weekend of presentations, tech sessions, ride-outs, off-road training, bike games, and more! You can tent camp, stay in a rustic cabin, or grab a bed in a bunkhouse. Choose a meal plan to get hearty meals from the camp staff or bring your own food to enjoy at your camp site. Register by September 15, 2019 and save $50! Get all the details, and register at: www.horizonsunlimited.com/virginia

Last edited:
Having been to a few of the HU meets out west, I can say that you won't meet any nicer peeps who have traveled so extensively as some of them have.

There is another travellers meeting scheduled for Gros Morne in Newfoundland for 2020 as well. Our Moto B&B will be open for business in Newfoundland in the spring too.

There is another travellers meeting scheduled for Gros Morne in Newfoundland for 2020 as well. Our Moto B&B will be open for business in Newfoundland in the spring too.

As we did at the 2019 HU Virginia meeting, we'll have a presentation about HU Newfoundland (the first one ever in that province) at HU Virginia 2020. I've been to Newfoundland five times so far, and it is well worth the trip! Spectacular scenery, wonderful people -- come learn about it at HU Virginia and then plan to head north in August 2020!
http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/events/newfoundland-2020/

I gave a little presentation about Newfoundland at the MOA rally and plan to give it again at the ADV rally CroMag next month. If my schedule allows I’ll give one in Montana next June.

HU Virginia 2020 postponed until August

The Horizons Unlimited Virginia Travellers Meeting scheduled for April has been postponed to August 27-30, 2020. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the covid-19 situation has closed our venue for the foreseeable future and common sense argues against group meetings at this time, anyway. We hope you will be able to join us in August.

If you registered for HU Virginia, your registration will carry over to the August event. If you need to cancel, please reply to the confirmation email you received at time of registration, and your refund will be processed.

Stay safe, everybody!

Steve Anderson
Organizer, HU Virginia

We have now decided to cancel this year's HU Virginia meeting and move on to April 22-25, 2021. The Covid-19 situation and its attendant travel restrictions have made it impossible to hold the event safely, and the health and protection of our members and guests is our first concern. If you'd already registered, you should have received an email from Grant Johnson telling you how to apply for refunds and such. We hope to see you next year!

Back