Thread: The tilting of my dash, 2015 RT

The tilting of my dash, 2015 RT

I bought my 2015 RT used with about 60K miles on it. I know you are supposed to be able to tilt the dash some and have it hold position, but mine does not do this...

Does anybody have an idea of what kind of mechanism is supposed to hold it in place and if it is something that may have come out of adjustment, or possibly broken? I'd like to tilt mine upward a bit, it seems to hang at the dropped position. I'm just not sure if it is a ratchet mechanism, a friction mechanism, or what... I'm sure someone has taken this apart more than I have so far.

Thanks!

John.
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    I bought my 2015 RT used with about 60K miles on it. I know you are supposed to be able to tilt the dash some and have it hold position, but mine does not do this...

Does anybody have an idea of what kind of mechanism is supposed to hold it in place and if it is something that may have come out of adjustment, or possibly broken? I'd like to tilt mine upward a bit, it seems to hang at the dropped position. I'm just not sure if it is a ratchet mechanism, a friction mechanism, or what... I'm sure someone has taken this apart more than I have so far.

Thanks!

John.
    My 2019 R1250RT does the same thing. It feels like it's on a spring if I tilt it up or down, always returning to the original position. According to the manual, you and I are doing it correctly. Mildly irritating...
    Scott Taranovich
    McKinney, Texas
    2019 R1250RT

Push a little harder. Mine is real hard to adjust. You will hear a thud like sound if you press hard enough.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Quote Originally Posted by patm View Post
    Push a little harder. Mine is real hard to adjust. You will hear a thud like sound if you press hard enough.
    So it is an up or down proposition, not infinitely adjustable? OK, I'll try this later today and report back...
    John.
    Atwater, CA
    2015 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by jstrube View Post
    So it is an up or down proposition, not infinitely adjustable? OK, I'll try this later today and report back...
    If I recall there are 3 positions and they don't vary a whole lot. IMO it's a very funky adjustment, poorly designed which is why people post this question. On the positive side it will never change from the last adjustment made.

The tilting of my dash, 2015 RT

One of those features that sounded a lot better on the colorful brochure and owners manual.