• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The tilting of my dash, 2015 RT

jstrube

John.
I bought my 2015 RT used with about 60K miles on it. I know you are supposed to be able to tilt the dash some and have it hold position, but mine does not do this...

Does anybody have an idea of what kind of mechanism is supposed to hold it in place and if it is something that may have come out of adjustment, or possibly broken? I'd like to tilt mine upward a bit, it seems to hang at the dropped position. I'm just not sure if it is a ratchet mechanism, a friction mechanism, or what... I'm sure someone has taken this apart more than I have so far.

Thanks!

John.

I bought my 2015 RT used with about 60K miles on it. I know you are supposed to be able to tilt the dash some and have it hold position, but mine does not do this...

Does anybody have an idea of what kind of mechanism is supposed to hold it in place and if it is something that may have come out of adjustment, or possibly broken? I'd like to tilt mine upward a bit, it seems to hang at the dropped position. I'm just not sure if it is a ratchet mechanism, a friction mechanism, or what... I'm sure someone has taken this apart more than I have so far.

Thanks!

John.

My 2019 R1250RT does the same thing. It feels like it's on a spring if I tilt it up or down, always returning to the original position. According to the manual, you and I are doing it correctly. Mildly irritating... :banghead

Push a little harder. Mine is real hard to adjust. You will hear a thud like sound if you press hard enough.

Push a little harder. Mine is real hard to adjust. You will hear a thud like sound if you press hard enough.

So it is an up or down proposition, not infinitely adjustable? OK, I'll try this later today and report back...

So it is an up or down proposition, not infinitely adjustable? OK, I'll try this later today and report back...

If I recall there are 3 positions and they don't vary a whole lot. IMO it's a very funky adjustment, poorly designed which is why people post this question. On the positive side it will never change from the last adjustment made.

Back