• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Handlebar alternatives?

mattspeer

Anyone swap out handlebars on their S1000XR to achieve different ergos? Specifically, anyone achieve a lower or further foward handlebar setup? I've found one reference on ADVRider.com to the R1200R bars doing this but I'm hoping to find another who's gone down this road to see what they know. I'm new to this bike and coming from a K1300S I'm feeling rather disconnected from the bike especially whilst flogging it a bit. The bar position seems to fight me rather than promote a connection to the bike/road.
Thanks for any help/direction,
Madtownmaxx

Anyone swap out handlebars on their S1000XR to achieve different ergos? Specifically, anyone achieve a lower or further foward handlebar setup? I've found one reference on ADVRider.com to the R1200R bars doing this but I'm hoping to find another who's gone down this road to see what they know. I'm new to this bike and coming from a K1300S I'm feeling rather disconnected from the bike especially whilst flogging it a bit. The bar position seems to fight me rather than promote a connection to the bike/road.
Thanks for any help/direction,
Madtownmaxx

think that is what the S1000R and S1000RR are for. XR is an SUV....:)

think that is what the S1000R and S1000RR are for. XR is an SUV....:)

..... perhaps it'll prove to be the wrong bike for me but if I'd given up on every bike that didn't fit me satisfactorily in stock configuration I'd never have kept any bike. I loved my K13S but only after significant mods including ergo changes. Ditto with my Ducs before that. There's a lot I like about my XR and with a few tweaks I suspect it may well be the best bike for my current needs. That's the plan anyway and I'm really asking after those who're inclined to mod their bikes to fit themselves. Anyone have some constructive info?

Thanks,

Madtownmaxx

Back