Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Magazine plastic wrap

How do I recycle the electronic version when I am done with it?
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    How do I recycle the electronic version when I am done with it?
    Bitbucket.jpg
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by lkchris View Post

There were a few years I paid extra for 1st class shipping so I could get the plastic wrap ... I'm happy now that it's available to everyone.
    A fine example of the true DEMOCRATIC VALUES of OUR club...…..Everyone shares in the benefits!!! How it flows so simply, like knowledge of funds transferring from the treasury into the mists...……...

Operations Committee

Regarding the poly bag ON wrapper:

A little over a year ago the Operations Committee looked hard at eliminating the poly bag over the ON... for costs purposes. The staff was directed to conduct a cost benefit analysis to the membership. The benefit to the member and the club as a whole overwhelmingly outweighed the detractors. The latest anti plastic environmental movement was not weighed as a variable.

Many of the points Ian already raised touched on the decision points: clear, cheap, protects the product, provides for “onserts” as a source of revenue, or the ability to place other critical club news separately on top of the magazine, like the annual financial report, and the election ballots.

Ultimately the board has the responsibility to act on behalf of the membership as a whole. As much as we would like to accommodate the needs and “desires” of every member, clearly, based on this discussion and others like it, that is an unattainable and unrealistic goal.

The club, like any other major institution, is subject to market forces. Printing, paper, and postage costs continue to rise with little competition in the industry to allow the club to negotiate the best deal, much of these forces drive board and staff decisions.

For what it’s worth, I was a leading proponent on the board for an all digital membership. It took some time to get that membership option available, but it is available for our members who want to reduce their environmental impact, or for those who simply prefer digital over paper.

I suspect this isn’t the “answer” you were looking for; but there you have it, the board response on the forums, and the transparency you requested in the decision making process. I hope this helps.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Thank you Reece.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    Regarding the poly bag ON wrapper:

there you have it, the board response on the forums, and the transparency you requested in the decision making process. I hope this helps.
    Thanks "Chief"!!!

Such honesty and reliable information given to us, this member at least, is fantastic and superb for building confidence that the leadership is doing what we elected them to do...…….LEAD...…

Thanks for what YOU do...….God bless.....Dennis

Oh poo, just as I was about to drop the tried and true analogy of a canary in a coal mine.
    Thanks
    But wait
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/e...s-human-feces/
    Bill
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers