• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

r50/2 FRONT wheel bearing stack removal

tinkerer

looking for some advice about removing the bearing stack
i have the hub cover off but i am not certain what to do with the axle bushing
ausherman mentions this but when it is removed the axle just slides through the hub
any help?
thanks

Can you upload some pictures showing where you currently are? IIRC I thought the axle was reversed to the opposite side and then the stack can be driven out. Duane usually has good info on this.

i got the stack removed and cleaned up and regreased.
always use the rear axle to drive out the stack
with the front wheel the bushing spacer must be removed
that is why you need to use the rear axle because the front axle is thinner
i did find that one side of the stack was a French bearing
maybe there is hope for humanity
thank you Richard from benchmark bmw parts for your sage advice

Glad you got things worked out! Richard and Vech are great even on the phone.

I learned by watching this video from the nice folks in Illinois. I followed their lead and it was a piece of cake.

Back