Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sore Butt and Knees

I did one 1000 in 24. I did one 1500 in 36. I did and finished with a bronze medal the IBR in 1999 and in 2003. Now if I do 400 miles in a day it it is a stretch except in Texas or Montana.. Time moves on.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

It sure does move on, Paul!

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    I did one 1000 in 24. I did one 1500 in 36. I did and finished with a bronze medal the IBR in 1999 and in 2003. Now if I do 400 miles in a day it it is a stretch except in Texas or Montana.. Time moves on.
    My hat is off to you Paul. All 4 accomplishments are a testament to your stamina and character. I don't know any other people who have even attempted an IBR, let alone done it twice. I do want to get the 1500 mile award some day, but I know myself, and there is no way I could ride 1000 miles a day for 11 days.

400 miles in a day (especially in the heat) is nothing to sneeze at. I had plenty of those on my trip out west. The important thing to me is that you are still riding, and enjoying the ride. :blessings

Krmugin
    +1 to lowering your pegs.
    I'm not sure if Ilium makes highway pegs for your year, but they made a very nice highway peg for older models. It didn't require crash bars, and was quite unobtrusive, when the pegs were tucked in. I have lowered pegs, but still need a stretch every now and then on the highway pegs.

Seats are also particular. I've had Corbin, Saddlemen, and Russel. I'm going back to Russel to get custom fitted, as my current Russel is a second hand seat, and not perfect for me. Seth Laam, is also very good, though I've not ridden his seat personally. I did not like the Corbin much. It was too firm for me.