• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Do you have a CyclePump air compressor

itznuthin

I always carry a tire pump with me, and I check my tires regularly when I travel. I currently have a Slime portable pump, and it works great as a portable compressor. However, I don't like the attachment mechanism. I have an RT with the 90 degree valve stems. To attach the pump I have to lay on the ground, reach under my bags, use one hand to push the attachment onto the valve stem while I use the other hand to activate the pressure switch to secure the hose to the valve stem. Really, really don't like doing this.

I've been looking at the CyclePump from Best Products. It appears to have a straight chuck with what looks like a simple to use, one handed attachment mechanism. Although it's expensive, I'm willing to pay the price if i can simply reach down with one hand and easily secure and attach the hose to my valve stem. But if I still have to reach down with one or both hands to fiddle with it to get it to attach securely, I'll simply stick with my reliable Slime portable pump.

If you have a CyclePump can you tell me how easy it is to attach the hose to the valve. Is it easily and realiably done with one hand consistently.

Thanks for your help, Don

I've had a Cycle Pump compressor for many years and, like Paul says, it's simple and reliable. However, it's been relegated to the pannier of my dirt bike and replaced by a Motopressor for my RT:

https://www.rockycreekdesigns.com/products/motopressor-mini-pump

The Motopressor works great and I love the feature of setting the desired pressure so it turns off automatically. With the Cycle Pump, I had to continually stop, check the pressure, then either start again or let some air out.

You can't go wrong with either one.

only 10%? mine is 100% reliable.
if you use their pressure gauge there is no need to stop, check pressure, and continue

only 10%? mine is 100% reliable.
if you use their pressure gauge there is no need to stop, check pressure, and continue

My bad...you're correct. I do use their pressure gauge.

However, for a lot less money, the Motopressor has been fantastic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/cq2MN8WDzQU" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you haven't seen this you need to . . .

Voni
sMiling

Had one, but not a fan of the clip hose attachments. Chews up the valve threads and hard for me to get a consistent sealed connection. Pump itself is great.

Back