Thread: Headlight upgrade @000 R1100R?

Headlight upgrade @000 R1100R?

Has anyone done a headlight upgrade to R1100R? What did you use? Did you purchase a conversion kit? Did you get the result you wanted? I would like to upgrade the stock headlight because I don't like the low beam light spread for night driving. 2000 R1100R
    Thanks,
    Greg

Funny you should say that. I just ordered an LED H4 for my R1100RT. Should be here tomorrow. Ill post the result here.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by pmorritt View Post
    Funny you should say that. I just ordered an LED H4 for my R1100RT. Should be here tomorrow. Ill post the result here.
    Entirely different headlight than an 1100R but do post your results.

Quote Originally Posted by gnawit View Post
    Has anyone done a headlight upgrade to R1100R? What did you use? Did you purchase a conversion kit? Did you get the result you wanted? I would like to upgrade the stock headlight because I don't like the low beam light spread for night driving. 2000 R1100R
    Thanks,
    Greg
    Ok. Installed the LED headlight. Install was pretty easy. If anyone goes this route, here’s a few tips. On the 11 RT, trim off the rubber on the dust cover ( the section that has slots for the bulbs prongs) enuf so that you can slide in the new led bulb. Now test it out to see if the new LED goes thru the hole. Before you are ready to insert the bulb, put a little grease on the o ring of the back of the led tube so that when you insert the bulb thru the dust cover making it easier to insert led into the lock ring and twist it clock wise to lock it in. Instructions say that if the back of the led where the cooling fins are , stick out into the open space that is enuf air for the heat sink, so no need to make any more holes in the dust cover. Quite pleased with the product. Dipped beam is really bright as well as the hi beam, much more that the Piaa H4 that was in there. Nice thing is that if it ever malfunctions an regular H4 goes right back in. This is the unit i bought from Amazon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just an FYI.... I was given a Cyclops LED kit for my R1100RT and absolutely love it! Would buy another in an instant if it went out.