• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'03 K1200GT Fairing bracket

lljanssen

I couldn't find a thread on this topic, so here goes. I have a broken lower right windshield mounting "post" on my '03 K1200GT. Parts fiche shows that this is part of the fairing bracket, part no. 46 63 7670507. I have several concerns: 1) the part diagram looks similar to the one on my bike, but it is not identical--the attachment point for the "lever", pn 46 63 7658866 is different than shown in the diagram (that is the piece that is broken). QUESTION: was there more than one fairing bracket used on this model? If so, what is the alternate part no.?
2) I have the piece that broke off the mounting post. Has anyone found a way to repair (weld?) this so it will hold the lever securely? 3) If not repairable, might anyone have a used fairing bracket they'd be willing to sell? The new one costs over $1200.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

... QUESTION: was there more than one fairing bracket used on this model? If so, what is the alternate part no.?

The same bracket was used on the 2002 to 2004 RS.

Lee, lljanssen ,

In fact, there are 3 different front fairing brackets (or front sub-frame if you want to call it like this):

1) fairing bracket for 1st generation K1200RS (1998-2001 in USA): BMW part number "46 63 2 307 696"
On MAX-BMW parts fiche: https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51719&diagram=46_0009&partnumber=46632307696

2) fairing bracket for 2nd generation K1200RS having so-called facelift front (2002-2005 in USA): BMW part number "46 63 7 653 392"
Main difference (among few other changes) with earlier K1200RS is the fact the Headlight is held unto this bracket and not bolted to the front plastic fairing..
On MAX-BMW parts fiche: https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51580&diagram=46_0711&partnumber=46637653392

3) fairing bracket for K1200GT having "brick-engine" as derived from 2nd gen K1200RS design (2003-2005 in USA): BMW part number "46 63 7 670 507"
Changes to this one are all related to the electrical windshield mechanism (compare to earlier mechanical 2 positions only design). There is an added bracket welded onto this sub-frame to hold the electrical motor of the windshield (and a few other minor changes to position electrical UP-Down switches).
On MAX-BMW parts fiche: https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=51578&diagram=46_0711&partnumber=46637670507

AS FAR AS SOLVING the other part of his original question: I am very familiar with the arms / mechanism holding the K1200RS 2nd gen windshield, but not as much for the K1200GT although there are many common parts. I would need detailed clear picture to better understand what parts he needs that are broken (and where is the break),

Last edited:
Back