• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Looking for the Flea Market

crprinty

Hello,
Looking to part out my (dead) '04 R1150RT. Post guidelines say do it in the "Flea Market". Doesn't say where this is located. Any clues would be helpful.

CP

Just don't use the "Marketplace" on the home page. It will send you to the old one.

Can you explain this? :scratch

The jump from the forum will be different in appearance than jump from the home page due to login considerations but as far as I know, there is only one Marketplace/flea market :dunno

OM

Go to the top of the page and click bmwmoa.org

Resources > Marketplace

You will end up in the old Marketplace

Been that way for a very long time.

Go to the top of the page and click bmwmoa.org

Resources > Marketplace

You will end up in the old Marketplace

Been that way for a very long time.

When I take it one step further and click Member Marketplace it takes me to the current Marketplace.

After I login from home page > Resources > Marketplace, I Continue on "post my picture" (which I can't do), and I then skip the next step. This puts me into an end-less loop on the "We Are Building Your New Community!" page. I presume that this is the OLD marketplace. Maybe I am mistaken.

The only way I can get to the new Marketplace, and use it, is by using a bookmark from the forum after I login. But, not from the home page > Resources > Marketplace. Even if I login on the forum, and go to home page > Resources > Marketplace, I get locked at the "We Are Building Your New Community!" page.

I would have to presume that other members are getting the same issue I am, and just leaving.

After I login from home page > Resources > Marketplace, I Continue on "post my picture" (which I can't do), and I then skip the next step. This puts me into an end-less loop on the "We Are Building Your New Community!" page. I presume that this is the OLD marketplace. Maybe I am mistaken.

The only way I can get to the new Marketplace, and use it, is by using a bookmark from the forum after I login. But, not from the home page > Resources > Marketplace. Even if I login on the forum, and go to home page > Resources > Marketplace, I get locked at the "We Are Building Your New Community!" page.

I would have to presume that other members are getting the same issue I am, and just leaving.

Contact Ted Moyer and explain what's going on.
I can go to the bmwmoa.org and start a add.
When I get to the picture section it say "Browse", it does not say "post my picture".
Sounds like you're being directed to a Profile page.

When I look at the Marketplace or place a Add I always click on Marketplace at top of the forum page.

The Moderators have included Ted already in this as it makes no sense to me.
Once you log into the forum you can/should access the marketplace through the “button” on the above tool bar. If you are going to a bookmark instead of the tool bar you are quite possibly causing a repeat of a path that isn’t as it should be.
Hope that helps.
OM

moa-mp-01.jpg
<i>After I login, I get this screen</i>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moa-mp-02.jpg
<i>Then I get this screen</i>
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
moa-mp-03.jpg
<i>After I click on "Skip This Step", this page comes up and the program is caught in an endless loop.</i>

Give this information to your programmer. He'll know what to do.

I don't need it fixed because I can get around the problem. But, I am sure other people have encountered the same problem, and cannot get around the problem.

From being here, logged into the forum, tapping the Marketplace button, I am directly led to this- :dunno
OM

Attachments

• DAD1B75E-6DCA-4ED6-A2D8-ADAE168D8BCD.jpg
    DAD1B75E-6DCA-4ED6-A2D8-ADAE168D8BCD.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 95
Omega Man - I presume you are not a programmer, so I'll take your post with a grain of salt. The parameters you have with your login are different then the ones I have, so you can't take a simplistic view of the problem.

Just give the problem to your programmer. I'm sure he can solve it in a couple of minutes.

No member should be frustrated by this. Hasn't the MOA lost enough members?

I have always gone to the marketplace from the header bar on the forum.

I just tried to go to he marketplace from the MOA home page > resources > marketplace and got the same run around that the OP and 23217 got. Not good!

23217s presumption is probably right on. This needs to be fixed.

:dance:dance:dance

Omega Man - I presume you are not a programmer, so I'll take your post with a grain of salt. The parameters you have with your login are different then the ones I have, so you can't take a simplistic view of the problem.

Just give the problem to your programmer. I'm sure he can solve it in a couple of minutes.

No member should be frustrated by this. Hasn't the MOA lost enough members?

I have always gone to the marketplace from the header bar on the forum.

I just tried to go to he marketplace from the MOA home page > resources > marketplace and got the same run around that the OP and 23217 got. Not good!

23217s presumption is probably right on. This needs to be fixed.

You guys can go through Denver with a changeover in Newark- if you want. This is the first time someone has brought up taking the long way around. One click on the above bar works fine.
I don’t know what to tell ya :dunno
OM

Lee and 23217 -

You guys are going the long way around to get to the Marketplace. Direct link is on the forum navigation bar.

What 23217 seems to be getting bogged down in is logging into the MOA Member Management System and setting up your profile there. That's fine to do that. But it's extra effort if you just want to get to the Marketplace.

The issue you are experiencing is relative to the member profile pages and not the marketplace. The marketplace can be directly accessed at this address - http://marketplace.bmwmoa.org/. This link is accessible from the forum menu bar or the marketplace page on the website. The forum is a direct link. The link off the MOA homepage leads to the marketplace information page that provides more instructions about the marketplace before linking directly to http://marketplace.bmwmoa.org/. The link from the MOA homepage also has an extra security step that requires you to login as a member to access the page. The link from the forum skips this step to allow more direct access.

Some members have experienced a problem when logging in to the main site for the first time with a hanging message "We are building your new community." This is a known issue for our website provider that they have yet to recitfy. It affects a small number of users on their first login and the error usually can be resolved by clearing your browser cashe or rebooting your machine. I was able to login to our website as both 23217 and 98lee without any issues or the hanging error. I would guess that both of you will not see the error the next time you login to the MOA homepage.

Two separate login points for the MOA homepage and the forum tends to consue many users and that is undertandable. There is only one markeplace and, to my knowledge, all the links point to the same final location. If you have issues accessing your member profile or the marketplace, both Ray Tubbs (ray@bmwmoa.org) and myself (ted@bmwmoa.org) are available to help. You can also reach both of us from the main MOA number at (864) 438-0962.

Ted

Maybe I am mistaken.

You are. Try not to be a dick about it.

(Apologies to the mods if I have crossed a line here. I'm getting a little fed up with the rudeness some participants display. Yes, I know it could be construed that I am now part of that elite group. :banghead )

I know how to access the marketplace (been going there several times a week for years) Many members do not know how to get there (hence the OPs question).

It SHOULD be self evident. The first reference (actually the only reference) to the marketplace from the homepage (which is how most newbees would first attempt to find it) is under resources.

Why not eliminate the link on the homepage under resourses that appears to do nothing but take the uninitiated down a rabbit hole. Confusing people does not seem to be in the best interest of the club.

:dunno

Back