• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

F850GSA with Low Suspension, Center Stand?

russkelley

PDXTrailRider
I just got my 850GSA with low suspension and found out that BMW does not support a center stand on my bike. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Either after market or some mod.

No center stand

I had the same problem with my '17 F800GS lowered suspension. I worked with the dealer (Max's, Troy, NY) and after several weeks they found one that would work. I installed it and when I lifted the bike, the front tire, rear tire and the stand were the same height! Obviously, that wasn't gonna work, so I had a local welder add about an inch to the bottom of the center stand, and that did the trick. I could spin the rear wheel, do chain maintenance, etc.
Good luck with that.

SW Motech has one at twisted throttle...

I just got my 850GSA with low suspension and found out that BMW does not support a center stand on my bike. Does anyone know of a work around for this? Either after market or some mod.

https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-center-stand-for-bmw-f750gs-19-with-lowering-kit
I put it on my lowered F750GS and it look and works better than BMW original center stand on my S/O standard 750gs... it is well worth the price and the time to attach it.

Attachments

• F75CE3C4-3FA4-416C-832A-11DC362D0BD0.jpg
    F75CE3C4-3FA4-416C-832A-11DC362D0BD0.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 109
  • C3D22AA6-81BE-4402-8D95-0BCB7BFE2AF5.jpg
    C3D22AA6-81BE-4402-8D95-0BCB7BFE2AF5.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 108
https://www.twistedthrottle.com/sw-motech-center-stand-for-bmw-f750gs-19-with-lowering-kit
I put it on my lowered F750GS and it look and works better than BMW original center stand on my S/O standard 750gs... it is well worth the price and the time to attach it.

We love that you find your SW Motech Center Stand on your F750GS to be the bomb! Thanks for the mention, but that centerstand will not necessarily work with the lowered 850GSA. That bike starts out taller and has different clearance.

@russkelley give us a call if you haven't already, or hit up our website and use the "Chat" function. We might have one that would work, and the guys on the other end of the phone will work really hard to find the right info for you.

The Twisted Team
www.TwistedThrottle.com

Last edited:
We love that you find your SW Motech Center Stand on your F750GS! Thanks for the mention, but I that centerstand will not necessarily work with the lowered 850GSA. That bike starts out taller and has different clearance.

@russkelley give us a call if you haven't already, or hit up our website and use the "Chat" function. We might have one that would work, and the guys on the other end of the phone will work really hard to find the right info for you.

The Twisted Team
www.TwistedThrottle.com

Oops... šŸ˜± I just didnā€™t see the A in GSA... my bad. Thanks for correcting my error. You guys have been awesome with all my orders! Iā€™ll be ordering a few more items in the near future. Thx again. S. šŸ˜Š

My dealer, Ft. Lauderdale BMW Motorcycles, brought in the center stand and had a local welder cut off about 2 inches and they painted it up and installed in on my Lupin Blue F850GSA. Works a charm. Nothing really difficult about it, just that it costs a bit more because you're ordering the center stand and all the parts that make it work, plus about a $100 for welder and labor. Here's a pic:

rightFront.jpg

Scotty

Back