• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Peter Fonda ... dead at 79

Well, I did not know Mr Fonda so i cannot comment on him as a man/person. As an actor ? I thought he was pretty bad. The movie 'Born to be Wild' I thought it was horrible, as for the motorcycle? a piece of junk.

I liked a few of his dad's movies though.

Now ..... Let's talk about his sister ......... on second thought maybe I'd better not............:)

:stick:rofl

I watched the movie
Wild Angels last night
Never seen it before
I grew up in Venice Beach, my parents moved there in 1963 from Santa Monica to be part of the Marina Del Rey which was breaking ground.
For 2-3 years the Venice chapter of the Hells Angels were living about 350" from my parents back gate.
We Lived on Washington and Beach ave and their house was at Grayson and Washington St.
The movie was no exaggeration of how incredibly BAD and rough they were. The cops were over there it seemed like daily.
About once every two weeks they had a full on raid on the Angels, didn't seem to slow them down much.
They were drinking beer and openly smoking weed in the morning, back when it was highly illegal.
I believe they were living at that house from roughly 1967-1969
Several times other gangs showed up and they would have it out. Only fists thou no knives or guns, as I recall.
You could tell when the cops showed up everyone would start up at once and flee, they were afraid of the cops.

I was about 10-12 then cruising on my stingray with my friends, we rode by them fast.

It was great in the movie seeing Venice in '66, The unrenovated Canals, which are still there and the house where Loser died.

When Fonda walks out on the beach after Loser dies the view is to the north before Venice Pier was built, open beach.
Early in the Movie they go to the town of Mecca.
Mecca is still there out north of the Salton Sea. It is still a poor rough as guts Hispanic hell hole, we drove through there a couple of years back in our van, we locked the doors and didn't stop.
What a Retro motorcycle piece IMHO

It has been a while since I saw "Ulee's Gold". As I recall it was an ok movie - trailer below -

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ORI2PFOePYM" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tonight surfing on YouTube came across a old "12 O'clock High" episode with Peter Fonda as a very young and very good looking guest star
The Episode is called "Sound of Distant Thunder"
Well worth seeing for you Peter Fonda fans.

Back