• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Travel Tools

lee

Debbie's Servant
Yesterday I took pictures of what tools I carry on trips and stored them on my phone.
I also labeled the pictures saying where the tools are located, like tank bag, seat bag or under seat.
Sometimes I forget what I have or where it located :) CRS

Most of the stuff is carried on my pillion seat in a small bag.
The tire repair kit is in my tank bag so we always have it on day rides.
A few items are under our seats.

Redverz Seat Bag (2).jpg

Tank Bag.jpg

Tailbag or Saddle Bag.jpg

Saddle Bag.jpg

Lee's Bike (1).jpg

Deb's Bike.jpg

I carry 90% of the above all the time in the panniers. I'm no mechanic, but someone may stop to help that is, I'll have the tools if they have the knowledge. :thumb

DO you have a list?

That looks pretty nice! Who makes that Torx set? I like it...

I didn't make a list. I have everything needed to remove both wheels, body panels, valve cover and spark plug.
The Torx set is made by Motion Pro but I don't see it listed on their site anymore, just the Hex set.
It has a large enough bit for the wheel lugs but I don't think the pivot head is strong enough for that much torque.

Bondhus makes a similar set.
https://www.amazon.com/Bondhus-0002...argid=aud-801381245258:pla-442175212508&psc=1

Here's the Motion Pro Hex set.
https://www.motionpro.com/product/08-0420

Nice set of tools and pictures. How long have you had your Microstart? Do you need to replace it every 4/5 years like other batteries?

Nice set of tools and pictures. How long have you had your Microstart? Do you need to replace it every 4/5 years like other batteries?

I just bought it a couple months ago. Had jumper cables before.
No idea how long one will last.
You could email the company and ask what the average life is.

I just bought it a couple months ago. Had jumper cables before.
No idea how long one will last.
You could email the company and ask what the average life is.

I did that, they told me about every 2 to 3 years it should be replaced, similar to other batteries. I've been wondering what real world experience guys are getting from them. I have a knock off brand from Costco that still works after 3 years.

Yesterday I took pictures of what tools I carry on trips and stored them on my phone.
I also labeled the pictures saying where the tools are located, like tank bag, seat bag or under seat.
Sometimes I forget what I have or where it located :) CRS

Most of the stuff is carried on my pillion seat in a small bag.
The tire repair kit is in my tank bag so we always have it on day rides.
A few items are under our seats.

View attachment 75297

View attachment 75298

View attachment 75299

View attachment 75300

View attachment 75303

View attachment 75304

With the greatest respect; you are much, MUCH more organized than I am.

I want me a that set of Torx drivers (in the blue fabric case). I didn't see those on the MotionPro site.

Where do you guys carry the rest of your stuff! There is enough there to fill a side case! I am a little handicapped as my wife rides with me so we need to stow enough gear for two people. I pull a Unigo on the long trips, but still very little for tools.

I carry a tire plugger, compressor, credit card and a cell phone! I am not even sure I had the funny little tool to get the oil cap off the RT last trip.

I have put on close to 200,000 miles in the last 15 years and never had a failure on the road, except for blown head gasket on my Harley that had 80,000 miles on it. I rode it to the next dealer and traded it off! I had to think if I even wanted to carry the plugger and compressor.

Very Nice Kit !

What are these things ?

The red and black items are a Promach Dual tool.
The black piece is a coil puller and the red piece is a front axle tool.
https://stores.promachdualtool.com/

The other black item is a R1200RS mirror base.
These break pretty easy when the bike falls over.
My wife's RS was backed into in 2016 and the mirror broke off.
I used JB Weld to glue it back together for the remainder of the trip.
I decided to carry the repaired piece as a spare.
Mirror Base.jpg

P1030738.JPG

Back