• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

03 r1150rt (tires)

BLACKHAMIV

LHBMWRC- V.P.
Disappointed in Michelin Road Pilot 3 (front) & Michelin Compound Tech 2 (rear). Only put around 2,000. mi. (+/-) and they are ready to be replaced..?!!
Any other RT riders find a GOOD or GREAT tire with longer wear life???
Thanks for any feedback!
George J. Blackham IV
1stSgt, USMC (Ret)
Windber, Pa.
MOA # 88408

Other than you have an 1160RT, there is something else odd about your post.

I will grant that the PR series of tires don't have fantastic life but it isn't as bad as you described unless all those miles were at track speeds on +30C days. Then you got your money out of them.

I might be inclined to look at the bike as whole, shocks being week/reactive, suspension/steering loose, rider's weight with gear and such.

I am just a chocolate bar short of being 220 lbs and I have known to have a certain impatience while riding and I do believe that the US has intentionally miscalculated the metric/imperial conversion and there fore, I should be forgiven every speeding ticket I get in the US, when you do let me in.

I get 8,000 miles easy and this set at 10,000 miles is now ready to be replaced.

I too have gotten 10k+ miles on PR3 and 4s.
I have an 02 1150RT.
This is commuting to work as well as trips.
As mentioned you should check the bike itself unless there is a defect in the tires.
If you have stock shocks you should consider replacing them.

Back