• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The social burden of motorcycling

Interesting article - thanks for sharing. Got a kick out of this quote:
"As for noise complaints, I bet that 80 percent of the total annoyance is caused by the most insecure and exhibitionist 20 percent of riders. If we could get them to go back to stock pipes — or, better yet, give up motorcycles — we’d score better."

... with the words "social burden" called out. Seen on FB.... a link from a RevZilla post to their Common Tread web article. If you're not aware of RevZilla's Common Tread, I highly recommend you subscribe.

Euro study says motorcycles are the worst form of transportation, socially speaking.

Really interesting study. As pointed out by many in the comments section afterward (I do sometimes read those) there are some flaws in the study and in the conclusions but does get one thinking about how we contribute to global climate change.

Commissioned by EU. As said before, there aren't enough motorcycles plying the face of the earth to warm it enough to change the climate. Until the phenomena are properly vetted by equal numbers of experts from both sides of the theory, not holding my breath; as per usual, by observation, IMHO. Cities? They seem to do whatever they wish.

Comments seem better informed than the study...what a crock of sheit. Whoops, was that anti-social? f**k 'em

I agree with others, there seem to be a few poorly thought out conclusions and omissions in the report, however I will never believe that balance and accuracy were the goal of such a report, it's the Eu's first shot at justification for raising taxes on motorcycles and beginning of the propaganda war to outright ban them in the next generation or two. Time will tell.

Back