• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

/6 clutch switch

beans86

Hi all,

The wires on the clutch switch on my R75/6 frayed and broke at the switch. What are my options here? I tired to save the connectors where they went into the switch but they broke apart. I can't seem to find anything similar to the spade connectors, first they're quite small and second they turn 90 degrees to the right. So even bending another type of connector probably wouldn't work. On top of all this, the replacement switch on Max BMW seems to be a bit different. My switch terminates in the headlight, whereas the replacement switch has some type of prong connector that looks like the neutral switch plug. Can someone please shed some light on this situation? It's such a low tech problem that doesn't seem to have an easy answer!

Thanks so much

Did you actually ASK anybody at MAX in the parts or service department? Or did you just look at the parts diagram?

I would be inclined to ask someone who might have an informed answer rather than reaching out to the electronic void.

Friedle

No, I'll surely call tomorrow. What would make this all very easy is if I could find the proper connector

that's so odd. Then why is it sold with the wrong type of plug on the end? In three years this is the first "mystery" I've had with this bike. Boy I wish I left that switch alone

You do realize that MAX has a store in South Windsor, CT? Pretty close to Hartford, CT. Go say hello and get some answers and meet some folks who can help you. Just a suggestion.

Friedle

I think I understand what happened now. Somebody must have bypassed it. They skipped the connection to the starter and went right to the headlight. Does that seem to make sense?

re spade lugs - I've seen a few times at various auto parts stores that "kits" of assorted connectors often have teeny female spade lugs...

Last edited:
that's so odd. Then why is it sold with the wrong type of plug on the end? In three years this is the first "mystery" I've had with this bike. Boy I wish I left that switch alone

They only sell the switch for the later bikes that use the connector; for the earlier bikes you have to change the connector to spades. Just the way it is.

Back