• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone running Bot-Wings?

GTRider
Last weekend at a rally I saw a GSA with a set of Bot-Wings installed, and I’m wondering if anyone here has tried them. If so, did they really help with residual buffeting? I get a pretty smooth airflow with the Puig touring windshield on my 2018 GS but there is still some minor buffeting creating helmet noise, but not movement. Also, I’m wondering what these things cost as there’s no pricing on the website and that’s a bit of a red flag for me.

https://bot-wings.com/

Thanks,
DeVern

Ass you complete the order form with model and color information, the pricing will appear, well before the submit order button appears.

$189 - plus $15 for optional trim - didn’t go far enough to determine shipping.

And....... Who you calling “Ass”? :love

I find it maddening and a bit shady to not show the cost, yet ask people to complete an order form.

Yeah, that was my hesitation as well. I prefer a more up-front format.

Ass you complete the order form with model and color information, the pricing will appear, well before the submit order button appears.

Thanks, did that for a dark smoke version to fit GS, but their year listing only goes to 2017. I’ve emailed for verification of fitment on a 2018 but no reply yet.

Oh, and it was $169 after inputting model and address, just as an FYI.

Best,
DeVern

I nominate Kevin as Official Forum Test Pilot for these. :lol

Best,
DeVern

Last I read Kevin was about to get multiple inches or feet of snow in the next day or so. He might not be able to test them (if he had them) for a while at least. Meanwhile today was 52 and sunny in Fairbanks. :wave

Last edited:
DeVern, I accept the position of Bot Wing Test Pilot. I will PM my shipping address to you so you can have two sets delivered. I will need one set for a GS and one set for a GSA. Annie will be my Co-Test-Pilot on her GS.

Paul, You have a real mean streak... real mean.

Two days ago we were enjoying a pleasant meander around CO and UT in preparation for attending the Cedar City Getaway. Then we saw the weather forecast for tropical Montana. Since we had to be home on Tuesday we made our way home just in time to avoid riding in this bad weather. The hotel canceled our reservation with no charge and the MOA, in the person of the ever helpful Ray T., issued us a coupon that can be used for a future event.

:laugh. Ummm, I’ll get right on that as soon as I find my missing “round tuit”.

No testing here today—almost an inch of rain today and the same expected tomorrow. My weekend camping ride to Idaho went...down the drain. :cry

Best,
DeVern

Back