• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW HP2 Enduro

Holy smoke, now that you got me looking, I found a 2018 HP4 that cost $78,000.00 That's right seventy eight thousand dollars!! 215 horsepower.

They were raced in the Dakar against the KTM 950's when the race was on for more power and more speed. After a number of the top racers were killed the event restricted to one cylinder and from there to 450 max displacement. The top pros are rocking these machine over 100 mph now and there is more discussion about ways to slow them down.

:ha

This is from 5-6 years ago when I wrote an article in the BMW Owners News about mine. I sold the bike last year before I killed myself on it.

A lot of BMW riders are unfamiliar with this model.... imo, it's the best motorcycle BMW ever made. :nod

IMG_1168-XL.jpg

:ha

This is from 5-6 years ago when I wrote an article in the BMW Owners News about mine. I sold the bike last year before I killed myself on it.

A lot of BMW riders are unfamiliar with this model.... imo, it's the best motorcycle BMW ever made. :nod

IMG_1168-XL.jpg

What are you saying Ian? That this is the /2 of BMW motorcycles??? :wave:wave

Friedle :dance

There are lots of BMWs that are mostly ignored on this forum.

Prior to the S1000RR the way to tell if a BMW model was going to be commercially successful one only had to research two things.

Can you order it with heated grips? Does it have an option for factory luggage? If neither answer was yes they bike was typically a dust collector.

It did not help that the bike was pretty pricey too.

I did not get it, still don't. Fun in Supermoto guise, but not good off-road. A similar era KTM 450 would best it in all conditions other than street riding.

Back