• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS noise

motodan

Have seen several comments regarding "noise" from these F/GS's when, particularly at lower speeds, running on irregular surface roads. It doesn't take much speed or uneven road surface to get some type of "something must be loose" noise from my 750. My chain is properly adjusted, clean and oiled.

Last edited:
For sure try going for a ride with cases removed—they make noise on every bike I’ve owned except my latest one. I had no extraneous noise issues with the F800GS I rented in the Balkans, and it was equipped with only a Givi topcase. Hope you get the noise pinned down, those odd sounds can be irritating at times.

Best,
DeVern

I always had good luck with a rubber mallet banging on the tires and frame of cars and bikes looking for rattles. I think that's why they used to kick the tires to listen for rattles. Good luck.

I have the same issue with my 750, with less than 1000 miles on it. My first thought was the center stand or the side stand, but I don’t think that’s it. It’s the same with or without the cases on. I’m going to try the rubber mallet idea but other than that I’m stumped on trying to diagnose this.

Back