• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

TFT and NAV VI connected to Packtalk Bold

paydirt

I just got a 2018 BMW R1200GSA. When my Cardo Packtalk Bold is connected per instructions to the TFT and the GPS, the voice commands don't seem to to work at all! It would be nice to use the mute and the music on and off voice commands. Has anybody had this issue or is there something I am not doing correctly?

I just got a 2018 BMW R1200GSA. When my Cardo Packtalk Bold is connected per instructions to the TFT and the GPS, the voice commands don't seem to to work at all! It would be nice to use the mute and the music on and off voice commands. Has anybody had this issue or is there something I am not doing correctly?

Good video (albeit LONG) here on pairing the TFT, Nav VI and mobile phone: https://youtu.be/LzPoILCj-aU.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know what you find out...might help someone else down the road!

Using the Packtalk Bold on my 2015 RT, even though I'm not using the audio system on the bike, it still has to be on in order to hear the GPS.

I’ve found the Packtalk Bold to be sensitive to mic positioning and voice volume. Too close or too loud and it doesn’t respond. You can also adjust the sensitivity (Cardo Community or phone app). You really need to resist the temptation to talk louder when it doesn’t respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good video (albeit LONG) here on pairing the TFT, Nav VI and mobile phone: https://youtu.be/LzPoILCj-aU.

I'm having same issues as OP. Problem with the video is that it is using Sena, which has a far more limited set of features than the Packtalk Bold. When paired up like the video recommends, the Packtalk is reduced to the usability of a Sena.

About the best I've come up with is pairing headset phone 1 to my phone, NAV Vi to headset phone 2 as a GPS unit and skip headset to TFT pairing. This doesn't allow music control from the TFT, but with the far superior voice commands of the Packtalk Bold, it's the best option I've came up with at the moment.

I'm having same issues as OP. Problem with the video is that it is using Sena, which has a far more limited set of features than the Packtalk Bold. When paired up like the video recommends, the Packtalk is reduced to the usability of a Sena.

About the best I've come up with is pairing headset phone 1 to my phone, NAV Vi to headset phone 2 as a GPS unit and skip headset to TFT pairing. This doesn't allow music control from the TFT, but with the far superior voice commands of the Packtalk Bold, it's the best option I've came up with at the moment.

Another "configuration" to consider:
  • Phone <-> Nav VI
  • Nav VI <-> Packtalk Bold
  • Phone <-> TFT (do not share media/contacts)
  • Do not pair Packtalk Bold with TFT
You can get voice prompts for navigation, control music with voice commands or the wonder wheel, screen phone calls, get weather/traffic data on the Nav VI and still use the BMW Connected app features with the TFT (speed limit display, route/data capture, etc.). This is how I'm running the Bluetooth jungle on my '19 R1250GSA which leaves the Packtalk Bold's mobile phone 2 Bluetooth channel available for universal pairing or possibly getting radar detector audio into my helmet (still waiting for Cardo Systems tech support to answer my questions on how).

Another "configuration" to consider:
  • Phone <-> Nav VI
  • Nav VI <-> Packtalk Bold
  • Phone <-> TFT (do not share media/contacts)
  • Do not pair Packtalk Bold with TFT
You can get voice prompts for navigation, control music with voice commands or the wonder wheel, screen phone calls, get weather/traffic data on the Nav VI and still use the BMW Connected app features with the TFT (speed limit display, route/data capture, etc.). This is how I'm running the Bluetooth jungle on my '19 R1250GSA which leaves the Packtalk Bold's mobile phone 2 Bluetooth channel available for universal pairing or possibly getting radar detector audio into my helmet (still waiting for Cardo Systems tech support to answer my questions on how).
Thanks, I'll give that combo a try!

Back