Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Calling 1250 owners: Howzit

Quote Originally Posted by dlb56 View Post
    This is my third BMW, the second with the “Hill Hold.” I love it, and missed it on the one (‘16 GS) that didn’t have it. After trying to start off with it still engaged, I quickly realized that it works much better for me if I disengage it before starting to roll. Never dropped it, but came close a couple of times on my ‘16 RT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Probably a silly question, but how do you disengage Hill Hold on the fly? I must be missing something.

- Austin

Squeeze and release, justy like setting it.
    3Putt
    2019 RT

I had a similar experience with hill start on my 1250RT. The throttle seemed to hesitate. The dealer explained the harder you pull on the break the more resistance at pull out. It turned out my problem was actually the throttle sensor had a flat spot. Once replaced no more hesitation. I only had a few hundred miles on the bike at the time

Quote Originally Posted by grayheadoley View Post
    I had a similar experience with hill start on my 1250RT. The throttle seemed to hesitate. The dealer explained the harder you pull on the break the more resistance at pull out. It turned out my problem was actually the throttle sensor had a flat spot. Once replaced no more hesitation. I only had a few hundred miles on the bike at the time
    That makes a lot of sense. I guess I'll watch how much pressure I apply to the brake and see if I notice any difference.

Thanks.

I bought my 2019 r1250rt about a month ago with 0 miles on the odometer. I just rolled 3k miles and I love this bike more and more with every mile. I've owned Yamahas and Kawasaki's previously, but this is my first BMW. I never even considered BMW until a buddy and I rented bikes in Phoenix back in May and rode about 1,500 miles to the Grand Canyon and several other places. For big displacement bikes at the rental place, my options were Harley or BMW. Since I dislike BMW less than I dislike Harley, I went with a 2018 r1200rt. I made it about 2 hours into the ride before I was head over heels for that machine.
    My 1250 has considerably more power and acceleration than the 1200 did. I'm a throttle-happy kind of rider, so I definitely use the full bandwidth of the machine. My 1250 had a lot more vibration than the 1200 I rode, but it seems like less now after about the 2k mile mark. Maybe I'm just more used to it now?

My real complaint about the bike is the exceptionally poor Bluetooth sound when sending XM to my headset. It's extremely disappointing that BMW, of all companies, can't (read: WON'T) fix this issue that should be super easy to fix. In the year 2019, it's got to be a $1 difference to make this problem non-existent.

I've appreciated the posts about seat upgrade options. I'd love to hear what is working for you guys for reliable phone mounts, drink holders, and maybe little open top storage bags/boxes? Also, how are you mounting a radar detector?

Additionally, I'm wanting to set up a ride from my home, in Central Texas, to Key West. I don't mind going solo, but are any of you along that route and might want to ride part of all the way with me? Also, next year I'm wanting to trailer my bike to San Diego and ride to Juneau, AK, fish for a week, and ride back via a different route. Same question: anybody want to ride part or all of that?
    2019 R 1250 RT