• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Calling 1250 owners: Howzit

I had a Rick Mayer seat on my '07 RT and this seat on My '19 1250 RT is terrible. I'll be getting a day long soon enough.

Rck Mayer went out of busiess a few years ago. Something about legal problems, I read. His saddle on my '07 RT was great. Now I use Russell Day Longs.

2019 R 1250 RT Fuel Pump Bad

Bought mine in July on my wife's birthday. What a saint!! It was a big change from my 1994 LT.

At 1400 miles, it started running rough. The dealer couldn't get the code to clear so they had to replace the fuel pump. Runs great now. My other issue is trying to adjust the headlight since it is too low and I can't get to the adjuster screw to raise it. I'll add it to the list when it goes in for the 6,000 mile service.

Same thing happened to me. I had 3 engine fault lights:

600 miles - amperage draw fault (not sure is this was related to the fuel pump or not)
5300 miles - 3A1061, Electronic fuel pump fault
5700 miles - another Electronic fuel pump fault

Dealer replaced fuel pump under warranty. Running great now! Victor

Distorted Bluetooth...

Got mine in May, 3000 miles so far, and I love it.

Only possible issue is there may be something wrong with the bluetooth transmitter for the audio. When I hook up the Sena SRL unit I bought to the bikes bluetooth, the music is distorted.

Leaving for MOA Copper Mountain rally next Wednesday for the maiden voyage. I pumped!!

victor

I ride a 2016 R1200RTW with the same issue. I was excited at the beginning with the Sirius XM and thought it would be awesome when riding long trips with my Sena headsets in my Shoei Neotec II. However, it was so distorted I cancelled my subscription. I hoped that BMW fixed the problem, but apparently not. I learned to pair my headsets directly to my iPhone. Now, I can listen to my playlists or Sirius without distortion. I hope BMW eventually decides to fix this before I decide to trade up.

Rick Mayer

Rck Mayer went out of busiess a few years ago. Something about legal problems, I read. His saddle on my '07 RT was great. Now I use Russell Day Longs.

Strange, Rick made a seat for me this September at GS Giants. Rides great. He seems ready to check out, but maybe not entirely.

Traded in my Harley for a new 1250GSA - couldn't be happier. The bike is wonderful and I'm approaching 5,900 miles since May 1st.

The biggest issue I had was the seat and the seat height. It was terrible. Went with Seat Concepts and now I can ride for hours with no issues. I figured at 34 years of age, i shouldn't have the pains I was getting after riding for 20 minutes. Changed the seat and I feel like my old self again. These are honestly the biggest disappointments I've had with the bike - the seat discomfort and the height of the bike.

Minor annoyance was the stock windscreen - regardless of the height, it just blasted wind in my face. Replaced that with a Puig and I'm very happy.

Hill Hold has caused me to drop the bike coming from a start. It held firm. Balance with no momentum only lasts for so long. Hill Hold doesn't seem to be very consistent in response and with disengaging. Also, the different mapping between riding modes also requires different clutch manipulations since power settings have changed - something I'm getting better at manipulating.

I have experienced the hesitation at low RPM with the Shift Assist. I figured higher RPM's are a better power setting for the Shift Assist to really work its magic and I use the clutch when I'm not getting on it.

Regardless, if any of you have pointers on what I can do to improve upon my inputs to the machine, I'd love to hear them. I can't stress enough how minor these grievances are. By no means do I dislike the bike.

All in all, I think I'm a lifelong BMW fan now. From the dealership, the buying process, and obviously the machine, it has been a great experience. I have to park in the back of my gym and other favorite establishments because if this bike is in the open, I can expect an additional 10 minutes of conversation with passers-by about it.

Looking forward to many more miles.

- Austin

This is my third BMW, the second with the “Hill Hold.” I love it, and missed it on the one (‘16 GS) that didn’t have it. After trying to start off with it still engaged, I quickly realized that it works much better for me if I disengage it before starting to roll. Never dropped it, but came close a couple of times on my ‘16 RT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is my third BMW, the second with the “Hill Hold.” I love it, and missed it on the one (‘16 GS) that didn’t have it. After trying to start off with it still engaged, I quickly realized that it works much better for me if I disengage it before starting to roll. Never dropped it, but came close a couple of times on my ‘16 RT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably a silly question, but how do you disengage Hill Hold on the fly? I must be missing something.

- Austin

I had a similar experience with hill start on my 1250RT. The throttle seemed to hesitate. The dealer explained the harder you pull on the break the more resistance at pull out. It turned out my problem was actually the throttle sensor had a flat spot. Once replaced no more hesitation. I only had a few hundred miles on the bike at the time

I had a similar experience with hill start on my 1250RT. The throttle seemed to hesitate. The dealer explained the harder you pull on the break the more resistance at pull out. It turned out my problem was actually the throttle sensor had a flat spot. Once replaced no more hesitation. I only had a few hundred miles on the bike at the time

That makes a lot of sense. I guess I'll watch how much pressure I apply to the brake and see if I notice any difference.

Thanks.

I bought my 2019 r1250rt about a month ago with 0 miles on the odometer. I just rolled 3k miles and I love this bike more and more with every mile. I've owned Yamahas and Kawasaki's previously, but this is my first BMW. I never even considered BMW until a buddy and I rented bikes in Phoenix back in May and rode about 1,500 miles to the Grand Canyon and several other places. For big displacement bikes at the rental place, my options were Harley or BMW. Since I dislike BMW less than I dislike Harley, I went with a 2018 r1200rt. I made it about 2 hours into the ride before I was head over heels for that machine.
My 1250 has considerably more power and acceleration than the 1200 did. I'm a throttle-happy kind of rider, so I definitely use the full bandwidth of the machine. My 1250 had a lot more vibration than the 1200 I rode, but it seems like less now after about the 2k mile mark. Maybe I'm just more used to it now?

My real complaint about the bike is the exceptionally poor Bluetooth sound when sending XM to my headset. It's extremely disappointing that BMW, of all companies, can't (read: WON'T) fix this issue that should be super easy to fix. In the year 2019, it's got to be a $1 difference to make this problem non-existent.

I've appreciated the posts about seat upgrade options. I'd love to hear what is working for you guys for reliable phone mounts, drink holders, and maybe little open top storage bags/boxes? Also, how are you mounting a radar detector?

Additionally, I'm wanting to set up a ride from my home, in Central Texas, to Key West. I don't mind going solo, but are any of you along that route and might want to ride part of all the way with me? Also, next year I'm wanting to trailer my bike to San Diego and ride to Juneau, AK, fish for a week, and ride back via a different route. Same question: anybody want to ride part or all of that?

Back