• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1250 RT forum

There are too many models to have separate forums for each one, so the forums are grouped by major engine revisions.

Looking just at boxer twins:

Airheads covers too many models and changes for me to sort out.

The Oilhead forum combines R1100, R1150, two valve and 4 valve engines.

The Hexhead/Camhead forum covers bikes that are similar, but use different valve actuation methods, different fuel tanks and slightly different bodywork.

Other than changes related to the new cam, the wethead R1250 and R1200 are basically the same.

Well then,

...can we get some 1250 owners tell us howzit going? Any quirks on the 1250? Any happies about owning one? any regrets?
any differences between the 1200 and the 1250?

I would like to hear from owners, not from articles and testers.

Well then,

...can we get some 1250 owners tell us howzit going? Any quirks on the 1250? Any happies about owning one? any regrets?
any differences between the 1200 and the 1250?

I would like to hear from owners, not from articles and testers.

Try starting a new thread......maybe “The 1250RT Howzit Going Thread” and link the new thread to this thread.
If you need help or editing, let me know.
OM

This is much like the Hexhead to Camhead change... the bike itself is essentially the same with a few more CCs and a different cam setup.

The Hexhead/Camhead forum is one for that reason. Perhaps the Wethead forum should become the Wethead/Shifthead forum? Since most of the idiosyncrasies in the bikes are the same, IMO it makes more sense to keep it as one forum.

When the next redesign of the base bike happens, they'll probably be enough changes to warrant a new forum.

I would actually like to see the forum as all RT's together. (Like the BMWLT forum)
Many members had many iterations of RT's over the years and could contribute their wisdom even though they don't have them anymore without having to go to different sections.

Back