Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Schubert SC 1

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,217

    Schubert SC 1

    Like many I purchased a Schuberth C4 helmet during last springs fire sale, I held off buying the SC1 or the SC1 Advanced Bluetooth system due to the many horrible reviews. My question now have they got the bugs fixed? Next question any new models coming that will fit the C4? The last question has anyone tried any of the Bilt helmets sold by Cycle Gear with the integrated Bluetooth? ( can buy one for the same ar less than SC1 )
    Thanks for all opinions and advice useful or not so useful.
    Last edited by 179212; 08-11-2019 at 10:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User crna59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    94
    You may get more replies with the name "Schuberth"....

    Be careful of discounted Schuberth helmets..... I see a lot of my students buy these off eBay that are only ECE approved. No DOT sticker.... No wonder they got them so cheap.
    Bruce A. Brown #212072
    MSF 2-wheel Instructor
    H-D Riding Academy Instructor
    S/TEP 3-wheel Instructor

  3. #3
    Registered User WWeldin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Lilburn, GA
    Posts
    202
    ECE helmets are tested with DOT standards and then some. More rigourous and up to date testing means the same helmet will protect heads overseas as well as the US. With all the faux helmets in use on the US roads these days, an ECE approved helmet will not be a bad choice. I purchased my Schuberth C4 from The Netherlands and have had no issue using it.

    As to the OP query, I have used the SC1 to bluetooth music from my old phone when riding my 2000 R1200C and have also paired it for comms when my wife is riding. I bought her a Sena 20S to put on her Shark helmet. I have yet to pair my SC1 to my new RT. With the audio set-up that came with the bike (SirusXM,) I do not need to stream music from my old phone. I also have Nav V! and do not need audio for that either.

    I have read a lot of issues involving different pairing to various sources, which include the SC1, but most of the issues involve the precise sequence to pairing; they must be followed to a T from the paring guides. These happen a lot with non-SC1 helmets, too. The main reason I purchased the Schuberth C4 is due to the built in mic and speakers. Good combo, IMO.

    Cheers,
    William
    2000 R1200C, 2019 R1250RT

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,217

    Schuberth

    Quote Originally Posted by crna59 View Post
    You may get more replies with the name "Schuberth"....

    Be careful of discounted Schuberth helmets..... I see a lot of my students buy these off eBay that are only ECE approved. No DOT sticker.... No wonder they got them so cheap.
    Nope I got the big old melon head sized one with DOT sticker, I am considering getting the sc1 or sc1a from Europe but not sure of the radio band on the European version of the sc1a
    As for spelling I took apples word for it.

  5. #5
    I've had the SC1 Standard for about 11 months. The V2 upgrade fixed many of the issues you find in reviews done when the SC1 was first released. Audio multiplexing for instance, so nav voice plays over music rather then interrupting it. I find it pretty good at this point, though multiplexing isn't 100%.

    I ride solo 99% of the time so I have only used the intercom once with another rider who was using a Sena 20S. Worked great. I have it paired to my Nav 6 and the BT audio on the 1250RT. Once in a while when I power up both the bike and helmet the BT audio doesn't connect and I have to turn off one or the other to get it all working. Not sure if that's the bike or the SC1 though. I'm happy I own it. I got my C4 right when RevZilla put them on sale, so I paid $349. For that price and the cost of the SC1 standard, I'm happy. Not sure I'd be as happy if I paid full price for the helmet though.
    Last edited by grumpysquatch; 08-12-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    MOA#: 218327
    2019 R1250RT, Mars Red
    Retired: 2002 Kawasaki VN750; 1989 Kawasaki KLR650, 1980 Yamaha DT175

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,217

    Sc1

    Yes also got my C4 for $349 purchased at cycle gear so I could return to local store if needed. Also ride alone over 99% of the time and never have had a passenger, I just want to hear the directions from the phone or gps the last few miles of a trip ( I find I am not good at remembering turn by turn directions usually I forget the first turn I am supposed to make)
    Thanks to all for advice

  7. #7
    Dress for fall & avoid it AlanColes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Bedford, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    ... As for spelling I took apples word for it.
    I trust you aren't relying on them for navigation as well. ;-)
    Regards, Alan - President BMWONS - BMWMOA/BMWRA/BMWONS/Airheads
    Current: 2019 R1250RT / '06 Ducati ST3s / '91 R100GS / '86 R80RT / '75 R90S / '73 850 & '70 750 Commando Prev: '14 R1200RT / '04 R1150RT / '81 Honda GL1100 / '77 Suzuki GS750 / '73 Norton 850 Commando

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,217

    Navigation

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanColes View Post
    I trust you aren't relying on them for navigation as well. ;-)
    Yes I was, and by the time I stopped to see where I missed the turn I was supposed to take the Apple would calculate a new route.
    I made a 200 mile trip from Staunton, Illinois to Braidwood, Illinois a 225 mile trip but road on no interstate highways few state highways and many county and township roads. Large urban areas, I passed through Clinton, Illinois ( less than 8,000 people) Gibson City ( less than 4,000 ) and Farmer City ( less than 2,000 ) it was a fun ride but who knew that I would not hear very well the iPhone in my shirt pocket under a mesh jacket while wearing a Shoei Neotec helmet and custom fit ear plugs while riding

  9. #9
    Registered User powwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Yes I was, and by the time I stopped to see where I missed the turn I was supposed to take the Apple would calculate a new route.
    I made a 200 mile trip from Staunton, Illinois to Braidwood, Illinois a 225 mile trip but road on no interstate highways few state highways and many county and township roads. Large urban areas, I passed through Clinton, Illinois ( less than 8,000 people) Gibson City ( less than 4,000 ) and Farmer City ( less than 2,000 ) it was a fun ride but who knew that I would not hear very well the iPhone in my shirt pocket under a mesh jacket while wearing a Shoei Neotec helmet and custom fit ear plugs while riding
    Gibson City...my hometown. Grew up on a farm a few miles east of Gibson City.

    Next time through, the little German restaurant downtown has awesome food.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    2,217

    German Restaurant

    Larry would this be the place from the name it looks German

    Name:  299F3AEC-E91D-4D59-9F65-0A8801AB40AE.png
Views: 118
Size:  588.2 KB


    Map of Gibson City

  11. #11
    Registered User 36654's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    5,364

    The ECE standard might be good.....

    Quote Originally Posted by WWeldin View Post
    ECE helmets are tested with DOT standards and then some. More rigourous and up to date testing means the same helmet will protect heads overseas as well as the US. With all the faux helmets in use on the US roads these days, an ECE approved helmet will not be a bad choice. I purchased my Schuberth C4 from The Netherlands and have had no issue using it.
    I'm not arguing with your assertion about the relative rigor between the ECE and DOT standards, but there may be some instances where a ECE only certification could cause some problems. As an example, in PA you can't participate in the BRC or take the DMV riding exam with a non-DOT stamped helmet.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

  12. #12
    Registered User powwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Bend, OR
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by 179212 View Post
    Larry would this be the place from the name it looks German

    Name:  299F3AEC-E91D-4D59-9F65-0A8801AB40AE.png
Views: 118
Size:  588.2 KB


    Map of Gibson City
    That's it. Really good German food and beer.
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Similar Threads

  1. C4 and Schubert comm
    By t6pilot in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 01:17 AM
  2. Schubert C4
    By t6pilot in forum Gear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2017, 12:27 PM
  3. Schubert C3Pro and Sena 10U?
    By nelliott in forum Gear
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 04:38 PM
  4. Anyone buy the new C2 Schubert helmet?
    By MotoTrex in forum Gear
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2005, 12:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •